Cost of adding FEL later

/ Cost of adding FEL later #11  
I was wondering the same thing when I bought my BX 2200. I checked with many dealers in a three state area and the MOST i was going to save was a wopping $75.00. And only one dealer was willing to do that. So check it out! I thought it may have just been the dealer I was going to buy from, but when you get the same answer from about eight or nine different dealership... So since I do not need it now, nor do I have room I am waiting until I know I will use it.- Guy

/ Cost of adding FEL later
I spoke with the dealer Im most likely to buy from this evening. They said there was no difference in the price if I buy it now or buy it later /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I think Ive found a great dealer.

Jon

/ Cost of adding FEL later #13  
Jon,
How much later? If you wait too long, the model will change and the loader for the new model might not fit you older model.

It seems (to me anyway) that models are usually good for 5 to 7 years at most.

If you are getting something else like a MMM then attachment points will also change and could add to more expense/problems if you buy later.

Rover

/ Cost of adding FEL later #14  
<font color=blue>It seems (to me anyway) that models are usually good for 5 to 7 years at most.</font color=blue>

What wears out first?

How many hours roughly?

I guess it depends on what you're carrying around, but I would hope it would last longer than 5-7 years.

/ Cost of adding FEL later
I think what he means is that the model is only sold for 5-7 years. After its not sold as new, it becomes increasingly more difficult/expensive to add things like the FEL and MMM becuase they are unique to that tractor model.

Jon

/ Cost of adding FEL later #16  
d'oh!/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Now that I've looked at it again, I see my misinterpretation. I should know better than replying to these things before the second cup of coffee sinks in.

/ Cost of adding FEL later #17  
Yeah, my post wasn't very clear but Jon has it correct. Its seems the manufactures are trying to out do one another now (Kubota, JD, etc) and the models change frequently. IMHO the Japanese are bad at this and can change things year to year.

My MMM has locking pins on the FEL frame, so these are unique to each other, who knows what they will look like in 3 or 4 years. A new model FEL may fit an older model tractor but will it also mate up the MMM that you got 3 or 4 years ago?

It is just something else to consider in the equation.

Rover