Cost of Classic Tractors

/ Cost of Classic Tractors #21  
Or you can buy a $90,000 new tractor and have bluetooth and cup holders for when you are sitting in it broke down with emission system issues, Bahahahaha.
No truer words have ever been uttered or posted for that matter.

You could always buy a JD electric utility tactor for 225 grand and only work half a day in the field because they are discharged in half a day.

/ Cost of Classic Tractors #22  
The OP seems to have left the building.

However, I was thinking today.
Last summer I bumped into the Powerland Heritage Park in Brooks Oregon. They have a number of events including steam tractor shows, tractor pulls, but also several vintage swap meets. A mix of vintage power equipment, vintage cars, and miscellaneous.
A few classic hit and miss engines for sale. The John Deere museum had some overstock Deere projects for sale.

Anyway, if you're in Western Oregon, keep your eyes open for events in 2024.

Elsewhere in the country, there have to be other tractor and steam tractor events that would also include swap meets.

Bring a really big trailer. There are several things that might need to come home with you.

/ Cost of Classic Tractors #23  
The problem with the old ones is that our fine govt wants them gone! just like old cars/trucks! GOTTA buy that letric chit!

/ Cost of Classic Tractors #24  
The problem with the old ones is that our fine govt wants them gone! just like old cars/trucks! GOTTA buy that letric chit!
That might be true of the big 8x8 industrial farming tractors. Of course fuel efficiency may also be a factor for the big farming operations.

However, I haven't seen any regulation of the small hobby farm tractors. It would be mighty difficult for the government to inspect what is locked up in your barn.

It may depend on where you're located.

Now, acquiring Diesel, (or heating oil) may become more difficult in the future. And, more regulation of farm fuel tanks.

/ Cost of Classic Tractors #25  
That might be true of the big 8x8 industrial farming tractors. Of course fuel efficiency may also be a factor for the big farming operations.

However, I haven't seen any regulation of the small hobby farm tractors. It would be mighty difficult for the government to inspect what is locked up in your barn.

It may depend on where you're located.

Now, acquiring Diesel, (or heating oil) may become more difficult in the future. And, more regulation of farm fuel tanks.

/ Cost of Classic Tractors #26  
Instead of an electric tractor you just might like one of these???

willy