Cost vs Value... B or BX

/ Cost vs Value... B or BX #11  
The backhoe is a nice attachment, I had one on my L2900 and it worked excellently. However, it was tight and I am not even 6'. It's hard to justify the cost unless you can depreciate it for taxes. When I sold the L to buy the MX I didn't get the backhoe attachment. I rent an excavator which is easier to use and digs better than the tractor mounted hoe, particularly if you are digging a trench as you don't have to raise and lower the feet constantly to move the hoe.

/ Cost vs Value... B or BX #12  
I rent an excavator which is easier to use and digs better than the tractor mounted hoe, particularly if you are digging a trench as you don't have to raise and lower the feet constantly to move the hoe.

IMO the big advantage of a mini-ex is being able to dump the spoils anywhere around you... most small BH's only swing out 75 or 80 degrees to the left or right... not very handy if you are already in at an angle like excavating close to a foundation wall, etc.

/ Cost vs Value... B or BX #13  
I'm 5'11" 225lbs and 65 years old. I've owned several (15) different Kubotas and still own some. I currently have a B2620 FEL BH for my tractoring (home hillside landscaping/flat rental property septic work) and Kubota F3080s for mowing.
Had a BX25 before this B2620 and maybe I'll come to appreciate the B2620 as much as the BX25 but with 12 hours on the B I don't so far, rather thave the BX25. Just my opinion from my experience. The B is getting more comfortable the more I use it. Did a lot of BH work in the last 3 days and never turned the seat around, just turned in the seat. For me the BH isn't about worth the money and because of that reasoning I waited about 7 years before getting the BH. Should have bought it in the beginning.
I guess to me a tractor has to be HST, FEL and BH (KUBOTA :laughing:) now after one geared and 14 HST and 3 years with a BH and a couple of Kubotas without FEL but always had at least one on hand with FEL.