Cougar

/ Cougar #22  
View attachment 475320

Here is the photo I was talking about.
The fern at the back of the cat to the fern at the front was a little over 3 feet apart. The ferns were 3 feet tall.

There's no tail visible and there's no ears visible. Heck, that looks like one of our house cats. Get a good picture.

/ Cougar #23  
View attachment 475320

Here is the photo I was talking about.
The fern at the back of the cat to the fern at the front was a little over 3 feet apart. The ferns were 3 feet tall.

Go out there and stand in the same place and show us the picture standing next to the same ferns. Lay the pictures over each other and see how big the ferns really are. If those ferns are three feet tall, that cat is less than 2' tall.

/ Cougar #24  
Our first "absolutely certain, 3 different individuals" sighting in middle Tennessee was in about 1996. Of a solid BLACK one, no less! Or at least very wet/dirty/dark! There had been the occasional sporadic sighting by various folks before that for many years. TWRA steadfastly denied even the remotest possibility at that time.

Over several subsequent years, more reliable sightings and game-cam evidence finally prompted them to admit the presence of cougars, but that it was "one or two individuals", most likely released "exotic pets" from Tennessee Tech students. No possibility of any sustainable population.

In just the last year or two, they have finally officially admitted their presence.

Last edited:
   / Cougar #25  
Well, I tell ya what....catch a cat like that down here in Cajun Country and we'd make a "Cat Courtbullion" (pronounced ...coo-be-yaw). It takes fresh tomatoes, tomato sauce and garlic, onion, celery and bell pepper... continue to sauté until it is cooked into the mixture. Add cat stock, one ladle at a time, until all is incorporated. Thennnnnnn, add your fresh Cougar....sme lemon juice, bay leaves, thyme. Bring to a rolling boil, then reduce to simmer.

A co-worker from Breaux Bridge invited me over for supper one time,and his wife made Debris. They waited till I had eaten a couple of bowls,and told me what it was made of-GUTS ! Darn good stew! I sure miss the food down there.Haven't been back down there since the oilfield about shut down in '86

And game wardens LIE.

/ Cougar #26  
Our first "absolutely certain, 3 different individuals" sighting in middle Tennessee was in about 1996. Of a solid BLACK one, no less! Or at least very wet/dirty/dark! There had been the occasional sporadic sighting by various folks before that for many years. TWRA steadfastly denied even the remotest possibility at that time.

Over several subsequent years, more reliable sightings and game-cam evidence finally prompted them to admit the presence of cougars, but that it was "one or two individuals, most likely released "exotic pets" from Tennessee Tech students. No possibility of any sustainable population.

In just the last year or two, they have finally officially admitted their presence.

As i remember that is almost word for word how it went down here in Missouri.

/ Cougar #27  
I never gave cougars/mt lions a thought until about twelve years ago when two fellows in a pickup drove into my yard. They were looking for a pair of their dogs that ran off chasing a cougar - so they said. I chuckled at the thought but said I would keep an eye out for their dogs. Both dogs showed up later that night and the fellows who live up north in Chewlia, had to drive all the way back to get their dogs.

The fellows saw that I thought it was some kind of joke, so one of them said - come out to the pickup. There in the back was the biggest dead cougar I'd ever seen. They hunt an area about five miles west of me and at that time they said this was the third cougar they had got so far that year.

I don't go out at night without my big flashlight.