Could a Aussie tell us how your Government confiscated your guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Could a Aussie tell us how your Government confiscated your guns? #481  
Just a quick query. Many correspondaents to this thread have religious beliefs that refer to a rule book called the bible. This includes a rule that "Thou shall not kill." There is no qualification to this rule. However many of you have no second thoughts about shooting to kill anyone that they think may be about to harm them whether or not they are running away "just in case they may turn around with a gun".

How can you justify these two things?

Those two things are against each other. The "turn the other cheek" crowd are called pacifists, and evidently there are no pacifists on this forum.

Then again, it's very hard to believe that the meek shall inherit the earth when you're faced with imminent death of injury. The meek may inherit, but only what's left after the assertive are done with it.

Look at all the killing that has been done in wars where both sides claimed to be fighting with God on their side.

/ Could a Aussie tell us how your Government confiscated your guns? #482  
Just a quick query. Many correspondaents to this thread have religious beliefs that refer to a rule book called the bible. This includes a rule that "Thou shall not kill." There is no qualification to this rule. However many of you have no second thoughts about shooting to kill anyone that they think may be about to harm them whether or not they are running away "just in case they may turn around with a gun".

How can you justify these two things?

Note I am making no comment re the belief in the bible or whether or not you should own guns. I simply cannot see how these two things are not completely against each other.

Weedpharma

The literal translation of the "rule" has to do with murder. The bible says different things depending on how and what language its translated. God never said self defense was forbidden, and in fact encouraged and assisted the Jews in defeating their enemies. That's right , the Jews killed their enemies but were not allowed to commit murder.

/ Could a Aussie tell us how your Government confiscated your guns? #483  
Yes. Semi automatic weapons and lunatics are a bad combo.

Not sure anti depressants have anything to do with it though. These are seriously ill individuals not just depressed.

My Dr. wanted to prescribe Prozac for me during a period of mild depression in the late 90's. I declined knowing about all the spree killings that occurred involving postal workers a few years before. Darned straight there is definitely a link. There are a bunch of us on here that can remember the phrase "going postal". Clipped this from a blog ..

The documents were originally part of a 1994 lawsuit in which victims of a workplace shooting in Kentucky were suing Lilly. Eight people were killed in that incident by a man who had just begun using Prozac a month earlier. (This was about the time of the infamous series of "postal worker" workplace murders following the widespread use of Prozac among postal employees whose insurance covered "mental health" as well as physical health.) Probably sensing that the trial would bring down their empire, Lilly settled with the plaintiffs secretly. Publicly the plaintiffs dropped the suit, making it appear that there was no case. Later, the secret settlement was revealed.

/ Could a Aussie tell us how your Government confiscated your guns? #484  
The literal translation of the "rule" has to do with murder. The bible says different things depending on how and what language its translated. God never said self defense was forbidden, and in fact encouraged and assisted the Jews in defeating their enemies. That's right , the Jews killed their enemies but were not allowed to commit murder.

I am not going to get into the religion or bible talk...

But.
Murder wrong.
Being the aggressor of others is wrong

Killing in self defense is a right to preserve your own life.

This is common sense...not religion.

/ Could a Aussie tell us how your Government confiscated your guns? #485  

Absolutely right on the issue. One of the laws written my Moses was to "stone" an adulterer. How would that go over today? David conquered more armies than any other Israelite leader .. yet God proclaimed he was a man after his own heart. God instructed Joshua to take his army to the city of Ai and kill all the inhabitants. Apparently God thought there were some people so far gone that they should not live any longer. Last century archaeologists digging in the ruins of Ai discovered urns containing what they believed to be human fetus. hmmm

Weedpharma if you are going to bring up a biblical subject at least be knowledgeable about it.

/ Could a Aussie tell us how your Government confiscated your guns? #486  
In an ATTEMPT to get back to the original subject dealing with gun control and the new legislation coming, the local stores here in Knoxville are completely out of ammunition ! I went to 4 local Walmarts that had empty shelves and no idea when they would restock , and to 3 different gun shops just to stock up and the prices are WAY HIGHER than a few weeks ago !

/ Could a Aussie tell us how your Government confiscated your guns? #487  
As I remember this happens every time the North Eastern Liberals and the liberal media obsess about banning guns.

/ Could a Aussie tell us how your Government confiscated your guns? #488  
In an ATTEMPT to get back to the original subject dealing with gun control and the new legislation coming, the local stores here in Knoxville are completely out of ammunition ! I went to 4 local Walmarts that had empty shelves and no idea when they would restock , and to 3 different gun shops just to stock up and the prices are WAY HIGHER than a few weeks ago !
I've got three Wal Marts fairly close to me, one is in a "liberal" minded town in that they don't sell firearms, but they do sell ammo. The other two sell firearms in addition to ammo. The two that sell firearms have been getting ammo in, it's just being bought up as soon as it arrives, there's a lot of panic buyers still out there. They couldn't find ammo before Christmas, so they're getting it now, price be darned. (I think that in one of the Wal Marts, the employees are buying to resell to gun stores, which would account why some gun stores don't have anything in stock except what Wal Mart sells, but at higher prices) The store in the "Liberal" area still hasn't gotten any ammo in, but I think that's just because the manager hasn't bothered ordering any.
Now that we're out of the holidays and factories and shipping are getting back to normal, once the panic buyers run out of money or realize the foolishness of their ways, the shelves will get restocked.
I started working on a small stock a little over 5 years ago, just so I'd never be in a situation like this and not be able to buy the ammo I needed.
Kind of like canning and storing food, going solar, etc, you need to also make arrangements for ammo or components. Doesn't have to be a downfall of the government to be worried about, a big snowstorm or ice storm can shut down grocery, fuel, medical and ammo deliveries, you just have to be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.