Could be fishing- need hydraulics input

/ Could be fishing- need hydraulics input #1  

yatesfire

Well, to start with, I bought a new B7800 with BH and loader.
Having so much fun, that when my friends ask me to go salmon fishing, (used to go all summer long), I turn them down and say I have to much to do. Just an excuse to stay home and work (play) with my new toy. Now I am worried that it will interfere with my fall elk hunting.

I have 39 hours on it, and am getting ready to do the 50 hour service myself. I am about 70 miles from dealer, and don't want to trailer it in to service. I notice that there is a small amount on hydraulic seepage at one of the hydraulic fittings for the BH. I assume that this is a compression fitting inside of the nut. Is it safe to tighten the nut myself, and if so, is there a chance of over-tightening the nut and damaging anything, or should I take it in to the dealer, since it is a new tractor (hassle to move as noted above.)

Beyond that, the tractor is a real pleasure. Wish they put a parking brake light on it though.

Well, any feedback is appreciated. Really enjoy this site.

/ Could be fishing- need hydraulics input #2  
Is it safe to tighten the nut myself, and if so, is there a chance of over-tightening the nut and damaging anything

Yes, to both questions.;) In my experience, hydraulic fittings don't really have to be nearly as tight was I would have thought before having any experience with them. So, if it were me, I'd try to releave any hydraulic pressure in that line first, then put a wrench on it and try tightening it, but if I couldn't turn it easily with one hand on a short handled wrench (I don't know how you measure that amount of torque:rolleyes: ), I'd stop, then either take it to the dealer, or take it apart to inspect the threads for any damage.

/ Could be fishing- need hydraulics input
Thanks for the response, you regulars are great!