Could not lift bucket in 13 degree weather

/ Could not lift bucket in 13 degree weather #1  

curly

Platinum Member
Tractor
2013 Kioti CK35 HST
I went out to move something at 7:30ish this morning and my 3-point implement lifted fine but my bucket wouldn't budge up. It would curl though. I didn't have time to properly warm it up to see if that would aleviate the problem.

Is that a normal thing?

Thanks, Kurt

/ Could not lift bucket in 13 degree weather #2  
I went out to move something at 7:30ish this morning and my 3-point implement lifted fine but my bucket wouldn't budge up. It would curl though. I didn't have time to properly warm it up to see if that would aleviate the problem.

Is that a normal thing?

Thanks, Kurt

Nope, I don't think it's normal. I'd check the quick connects to start. Even in the -20's, my loader will lift.

/ Could not lift bucket in 13 degree weather #3  
The cans on the bottom of the valve may have moisture and froze.

You can use a hair dryer temporarily, but you need to clean, lube and make sure the weep hole is a the bottom so any moisture can drain.

/ Could not lift bucket in 13 degree weather #4  
Not lift at all? That's a problem. I started mine in -13 and the loader was SLOW, but it moved. but after 20min of use, it warmed up to normal. I too would check the quick connects, may be combination of both cold and loose fittings.

/ Could not lift bucket in 13 degree weather #5  
I'm thinking you just need to let her warm up a bit more and work it (the Tractor) a bit more. My Dealer says the 35's are VERY cold blooded and only warm up with working loads. I can let my 35 idle at 1200 rpm for 15+ minutes before it will start working well. The Temp gauge won't even move until I get the tractor moving and working. Working is key to get the hydraulics warmed up and moving.

/ Could not lift bucket in 13 degree weather
Right now the grapple is on the ground and I can't move it because it's digging. I haven't been able to idle it for 15 minutes yet...maybe that'll do it.

The handle to lift the loader feels like it's welded or something...no up and down movement at all.

/ Could not lift bucket in 13 degree weather #7  
That's not good, that's a joystick problem, not a hydraulic problem. My joystick will always move just fine. I'd pop the cover off it and have a look see.

/ Could not lift bucket in 13 degree weather #8  
Right now the grapple is on the ground and I can't move it because it's digging. I haven't been able to idle it for 15 minutes yet...maybe that'll do it.

The handle to lift the loader feels like it's welded or something...no up and down movement at all.

Have you by accident hit the lock button on the rear of the lever near the base of it?

/ Could not lift bucket in 13 degree weather #9  
my brother has a Kioti CK20s and was having a similar but not so severe problem. He found that there was water (ice) in the cables to the joy stick. His would still move but hard and sticky like. Does the CK35 have cables too? Might be worth checking.

/ Could not lift bucket in 13 degree weather #10  
Our loader joystick will freeze and will not lower until I hit it with the salamander for five minutes or so. It then works fine.