Could you Convert an X540 to AWS

/ Could you Convert an X540 to AWS #1  

Kiteflyer

Tractor
JD 8110
Could you convert an X540 to AWS????

How and how much?

/ Could you Convert an X540 to AWS #2  
Yes, gather some cash and go to the dealer and get an x534 or x724. Really you don't want to try to convert the one you have, too costly.

/ Could you Convert an X540 to AWS
How much do you think it would really cost?

/ Could you Convert an X540 to AWS #4  
How much do you think it would really cost?

Waayyyytooomuch! Is my guess.

If your really that interested, go to deere.parts and start you a parts list to see what all you'll need by comparing the 2. Let us know what you come up with.

/ Could you Convert an X540 to AWS #5  
I agree with Kyle, and go to jdpart to compare the frame members and transmission parts. The axles at least need to be changed, and possibly tranny as well.

How much are you willing to spend for a conversion?
And what gives you this idea that it is even feasible, possible, or less costly than trading up for an AWS? Just curious here.

I will agree that the AWS is a great way to go, and wouldn't be without mine.

/ Could you Convert an X540 to AWS #6  
Yes, gather some cash and go to the dealer and get an x534 or x724. Really you don't want to try to convert the one you have, too costly.

X2. Trade it off on what you wanted.

/ Could you Convert an X540 to AWS
I like the size of the 500 series over the 700's. I wish the x534 had a liquid cooled motor--it would make it easy to add heat in the winter time!

I was just curious to see what you guys thought about it.

I could always go find a 2005 x 485aws. Fuel injected and liquid cooling. Same size as x700's , and basically the same price as a year old x534.