Couldn't find that, an error occurred

/ Couldn't find that, an error occurred #31  
It actually happens when I try to login in too.

Happens every day now. Usually if I try again in about ten minutes, I don’t get the error again.

/ Couldn't find that, an error occurred #33  
I started having the same error message come up a few days ago. Not all the time, just occasionally.

/ Couldn't find that, an error occurred #34  
Previously, I would occasionally get that error when trying to log in (use an updated Iphone).

I logged in today without getting that error. However, when browsing a forum, the screen darked a bit a few times, as though the Iphone was power saving by reducing the screen brightness.

The third time it happened (all within a minute I think), I happened to notice a small error banner at the top that was giving me pretty much that same error message. I saw it just as I was touching the screen to “wake it up”. I waited for it to happen again so that I could screenshot it, but it’s not doing it anymore.

/ Couldn't find that, an error occurred #35  
Multiple instances recently, different from the rare occurrences in the past.

And meanwhile WeldingSite stays accessible. I had assumed WS runs on the same server. Strange.

What's different now? New software, or different hosting ISP? Too many visitors?

/ Couldn't find that, an error occurred #37  
   / Couldn't find that, an error occurred #39  
It happened to me for the first time earlier today.

/ Couldn't find that, an error occurred #40  
Wow! I'd love to hear more about this, if you can be persuaded.

How do bots impact TBN?
Well, if a bot it scraping the pages for AI or search engine indexing, it's fast. That's the issue compared to regular people. Even if we had twice as many humans online at once, we wouldn't be equaling how fast they will just spider through all the site. The server has to give the bots the pages exactly the same as a regular user. But there are only so many lanes and if bots keep requesting more and more, eventually the majority of lanes are full and real people wind up having to wait because the bots have filled up every lane AND backed up every lane.

But we made a change that might affect this message. We'll see. The change was targeting another bug, but it might be related. I guess we'll all find out together.