Counterweight build

/ Counterweight build #13  
Instead of welding hooks on I would weld a 3 x3 angle iron on the top with slots cut in vertically every 6'' or so. Will hold chains better than hooks.
A hitch would be nice too.

Jeff

/ Counterweight build #14  
Nice project - CLEAN work and EXCELLENT welds. good job. You may have come close to answering the question - How to add ballast and use 3 point. If it was not quite as tall and had pins on the back. Maybe. Like to see it when you have it painted. And, of course total weight.

/ Counterweight build
I admit I have OCD in the design while fabricating brackets & such to the ballast. I’ve got done figuring out what I’d like to store on it while not overly “crowding it” with unnecessary items. I did add two hooks up front. I don’t plan on skidding anything

The following will be carried:

- 20” Husky Rancher
- Choker
- 8 ft 5/16” binder chain
- Logging tongs
- Timberjack
- Small box to hold odds n’ ends

My smaller 16” Stihl, oil/gas, and bar chain oil already has a place on the tractor.

Progress pics… it’s primed so it’s NOT the final color.

Stay tuned!

IMG_6122.jpg

IMG_6120.jpg

/ Counterweight build #18  
Hey - I LIKE that primed color. Be careful - that project is becoming so very nice - you might want to mount it on the porch. As an "object de art".

/ Counterweight build #19  
Great fabrication. Nothing beats specially designed and built equipment.

Built a 3pt weight 40 years to help 2wd tractors log and FEL work. Hot water heater tank filled with scrap steel, RR rail and concrete. Plate bottom. Often had to skid the ballast on the ground using to balance and sometimes lower the center of gravity. Pulling logs chained high, hand on 3pt lift to control front end lift and steering with rear brakes. Ballast dragging on the ground when needed. My point being, think about how your ballast engages the ground. Might want some ski, edge tamer type ends on your feet? Don’t want it digging in unnecessarily.

Long tool, like cant hook or ax holder?

Hooks for buckets always helpful. Buckets are my portable tool and part boxes for a variety of jobs.

/ Counterweight build
Hey - I LIKE that primed color. Be careful - that project is becoming so very nice - you might want to mount it on the porch. As an "object de art".

Just about! I now want to add a certain finishing touch,… you’ll know when you see it. Now I wait for the paint to dry…