Grading County Line 48" Box Blade

/ County Line 48" Box Blade #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
TSC is selling it for $530, anyone know if it's worth or recommend it-or not? I have about 1.2 acres of very bumpy lawn and I want to smooth out it this summer, do you think this will work? I would have to kill the existing lawn though.....

/ County Line 48" Box Blade #2  
TSC is selling it for $530, anyone know if it's worth or recommend it-or not? I have about 1.2 acres of very bumpy lawn and I want to smooth out it this summer, do you think this will work? I would have to kill the existing lawn though.....

I don't think you'd want to pull much more box blade than a 48" with your small subcut. Of course, with patience and endurance, one can do a job like this. You'll be at it awhile. If you enjoy the challenge and the work, why not?

You cannot expect XB implements to be as thick and heavy as larger implements, but then, XB implements are a good match to the subcut.

/ County Line 48" Box Blade #3  

I have a TSC 48" grader box, and it works fine.

I regraded an acre of land with it, without having to kill, and remove all the old grass. I did put Roundup on some of it, but most of it I did not. If the ground is dry, the box can remove the high spots, and fill in the low spots, leaving a lot of the grass in a position to be able to survive.

/ County Line 48" Box Blade #4  
I have a TSC 48" grader box, and it works fine.

I regraded an acre of land with it, without having to kill, and remove all the old grass. I did put Roundup on some of it, but most of it I did not. If the ground is dry, the box can remove the high spots, and fill in the low spots, leaving a lot of the grass in a position to be able to survive.

How long did it take to do an acre. I would imagine it would take a while to do and get grass back. Thanks rick

/ County Line 48" Box Blade #5  
I would try a pulverizer. Basically it is an I- beam with spikes sticking downward.
Gill makes the best one, and they would be the most expensive. I of course have two Gills, 54 inch and 84". Spray the yard to kill it. Go over the yard enough times with the pulverizer and all of the sod will be raked out and you will have 1.5" of loose smooth seed bed. The low budget prz will have flat steel for the tines. As they wear they will quickly loose their points and become dull. In fact the tines will essentially develop reversed points. The Gill uses tempered square spikes that become shorter as they wear but still retain a good point.

Answer; 48-54" Gill Pulverizer :thumbsup:

/ County Line 48" Box Blade #6  
How long did it take to do an acre. I would imagine it would take a while to do and get grass back. Thanks rick

I cut a swail, and smoothed it all out, in about 2 days.

I started during the beginning of August, and by the end of September, it was green again.

I was surprised by how much, and how fast, lots of the grass came back on it's own. Just add water. I seeded the areas that did not green on their own. The fall rains were as I had hoped, very helpful.

/ County Line 48" Box Blade #7  
I had a 2310 and it did a great job with a 48" box blade. No problems, would run out of traction but not power.