CountyLine Box Blade???

/ CountyLine Box Blade???
Huh?.. I must of bought mine before they stopped selling the HD model. Now that I think about it.. I did have to special order it, and I assumed it was a King Kutter brand, it took longer to get than I was told it would. The price was about $300.00 more than the yellow one they advertise now. Here's a poor picture of mine. (it does say County Line on it, but it's a clone of the KK brand)

That one does look beefier than mine. Also mine doesn't have the rear cutting edge hinged like that. What is the purpose of having the rear cutter hinged? All the ones I looked at were not hinged.

Thanks,
Rob Glaser

/ CountyLine Box Blade??? #22  
I agree with those suggesting you hire the backstop work done. 5 years ago I had 130 loads of dirt (20 ton trucks) brought into our house site. I used my 4310 and KK box blade to move the dirt as it was brought in, but then fell behind - even after putting 150 hours on the tractor. Eventually I had more than 50 loads piled up and knew I couldn't get it done with the tractor I had. I ended up hiring a guy with a bulldozer and he did all the work in about 4 hours. I believe I paid him $125 per hour and we were both really happy.

BTW - I still have that box blade and just used it today. The paint job on KK is never fantastic, but it is inside when not in use and holds up really well for my purposes.

/ CountyLine Box Blade??? #23  
That one does look beefier than mine. Also mine doesn't have the rear cutting edge hinged like that. What is the purpose of having the rear cutter hinged? All the ones I looked at were not hinged.

Thanks,
Rob Glaser

That is a good question. Here's what KK has to say....

"taken off Northern Tool site"
King Kutter's hinged back box blade is designed for rugged use by landscapers, farmers, homeowners and in light construction. Great for landscaping, land leveling, back filling, grading and many other applications. The rear cutting edge is hinged to allow deeper penetration and to eliminate the buildup of soil between the cutting edges

/ CountyLine Box Blade??? #24  
I just bought the 5' CountyLine BB this past Saturday. but I was happy to get it at $485. I
old post revival just for the heck of it .. Tractor Supply has almost no stores with these in stock and they just jacked up the price again
this puppy it is a thousand dollars now lol

/ CountyLine Box Blade??? #25  
old post revival just for the heck of it .. Tractor Supply has almost no stores with these in stock and they just jacked up the price again
this puppy it is a thousand dollars now lol
I have an old Rhino box blade that came with my tractor, but if I were in the market I would avoid the Tractor Supply model for something like
Box Blade Pinnacle Series

It appears to be a little better made. The difference being in how the lower arms attach with through pins

/ CountyLine Box Blade??? #26  
I am in the market so thank you

/ CountyLine Box Blade??? #27  
Even a lower priced yard box can be greatly strengthened with few pieces of tubing and welding the bolt together frame together.

/ CountyLine Box Blade??? #28  
Even a lower priced yard box can be greatly strengthened with few pieces of tubing and welding the bolt together frame together.
I suppose, depending on whether a person has welding skills. For those of us without that skill set, a solidly built model for a few dollars more would be the way I go.
I wa told by someone with experience that the two main thing to look for in a box blade are a replaceable cutting edges and the through pin lower arm connection vs, the side pin. The cutting edges is a no brainer, the steel the box is made of won't stand up for too long before the steel starts to erode through use.

/ CountyLine Box Blade??? #29  
I am in the market so thank you
If you have never used one, there is a learning curve. The key is top link length. If your tractor has a hydraulic top link, it will be a lot easier. It took me a while to figure out with the manual adjust link I have, but now after as few adjustments for every job I am usually pretty satisfied with the results.

Last edited:
   / CountyLine Box Blade??? #30  
Thanks,, I did score a used land pride 1560 a few hours ago ( popped up on craigs last night )
I have been watching videos and messing around with it ,, I have hydraulics to the rear so I may get a hyd top link.

I won't need this box blade much so I was happy to get it used for 500 vs the over a grand for the county line from tractor supply
this blade looks pretty stout and has a curved moldboard that the county line did not have