3-Point Hitch Couple of 3pt questions

/ Couple of 3pt questions #11  
Isolate the problem to a valve set ( swap lines to another cyl to make sure ), and then get an exploded diagram for that valve. As i said before.. I'm not at all familiar with the new scut line NH has out. Determine if an oring kit is available for that spool.. if so.. thet will likely be the cheapest place to start.

soundguy

/ Couple of 3pt questions #12  
marc2000gt said:
Anyway, my 3pt has three positions, up which keeps pressure on, the middle position which I would think would keep my implement in the air and not let it drop, and the lower position which drops the 3pt and lets the implement float with the land.

marc2000gt,
I'm not familiar with the TZ and the 3 position lift control settings. I have the TC18 and it's more or less fully adjustable through the whole range. If I raise it up all the way up it stays there and doesn't put any type of load on the engine.

/ Couple of 3pt questions #13  
the tc 18 is quite a bit different from the tz18.. the tz 18 looks like a rider lawnmower.. etc. the tc 18 looks like a small brother to the other tc small machines.. like the 21/24.. etc.

soundguy

/ Couple of 3pt questions
Soundguy said:
the tc 18 is quite a bit different from the tz18.. the tz 18 looks like a rider lawnmower.. etc. the tc 18 looks like a small brother to the other tc small machines.. like the 21/24.. etc.

soundguy

Come on now, don't pick on my little tractor. As for looking like a lawn mower, I will admit is does in the pics with a mid mount mower. Without the mid mount and with a fel it looks more like a tractor than a riding mower. Unless all you are doing is mowing a lawn I don't know why anyone would want a mid mount mower. Unless you remove it, you have no ground clearance.

/ Couple of 3pt questions #15  
Something (switch) has to tell when 3 pt. is up to max height. Look on your 3 pt arms; a switch or adjustment is probably there. My guess would be the right side.

/ Couple of 3pt questions
I was wondering the same thing about a switch or something. I will have to look a little closer.

/ Couple of 3pt questions #17  
Soundguy said:
Your tractor is constantly pumping hyd oil .. I REALLY doubt the hyd pump shuts down on your system when the 3pt handle ain't up... if it's a 1710 we are talking about.. You may want to investigate how the control valve system works on your tractor. I believe that system had an 8 or 11 cc pump.. 8cc in 83, and 11cc 84+.. etc.

soundguy

Yep it's a 1710. I suppose it is always pumping but the engine does not change pitch when lever is left in a normal postion and my equipment does not leak down. The engine does change pitch in the topmost position though. Which the manual says not to use for normal 3-pt operation.

Manual says "push lever forward and down to lower the lift arms and pull backward and up to raise lift arms. The Lever should not be positioned in the upper notch position when raising the hydraulic lift arms. The lever should only be positioned in the notch when taking hydraulic oil pressure out of the auxillary servic port for external hydraulic cylinders, motors, ect." When I've put it in this position by accident I'd notice my mistake because the engine sounded different like it was working harder. Move it out of the notch and engine pitch will go back to normal.

I really do not know what the pump is trying to do when the lever is in this notch position that would put a load on the motor. All I could think of was the pump was always trying to push the oil thus change in the pitch of the engine.

I just thought maybe Marcs tractor had the same setting.

/ Couple of 3pt questions #18  
Exactly.. and the relief was being forced open if you didn't have anything hooked to your ASC valve.

The pump don't stop just beacuse the laod is statically lifted.. it just means the spool has shut off oil tot he lift cyl, and the exhaust valve is closed not letting the cyl exhaust ( thus holding the load ).. and the oil is dumping to sump...

soundguy