Couple of hose questions

/ Couple of hose questions #1  

BJN644

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35 HST
I have a new grapple on the way and need to get a couple hydraulic hoses made up and had a few questions.

The grapple comes with a couple of short 1/4" hoses on the hyd. cylinder, the tractor has 1/2" couplers on the rear remote. Is the prefered thing to keep it all 1/4" hose and make up adapters so the couplers will mate up? or just keep it 1/2" or compromise with 3/8"?

Is single wire 3000 psi hose good enough, or is 2 wire 4000 psi worth the extra money.

It looks like I'm going to need 2, 17' hoses routed up to the front of the tractor to make this all work.

Thanks in advance

/ Couple of hose questions #2  
For a grapple, use 1/4" hose because:
-It cost's less
-It's more flexible/easier to route/better bend radius
-You do not need high flow for the small grapple cylinder
-It will help slow the grapple so it's more controllable

I like the 2-wire hose best...it will hold up better long term.

/ Couple of hose questions #3  
Good points by Kenny. Also, the price difference between 1/4" one and two wire is so insignificant so don't even bother with 1 wire.

/ Couple of hose questions #4  
Ditto that.. 2 wire is a better, safer deal.. and the 1/4 will be a good idea for the points kenny mentioned.. speed and cost especially.

soundguy

/ Couple of hose questions #5  
I agree with what the others have said here. And I'll add that you can buy 1/4" SAE 100R2AT Hydraulic Hose (5,000 psi max. working pressure) for $1.08 per foot at www.DiscountHydraulicHose.com

We can make hose assemblies, too. Since each assembly is unique, you'll need to call our office (800-535-1302) and order it through one of our customer service reps. Ask for Rick. He's very good at these things. A 17-foot hose with male pipe or female JIC fittings should cost you about $30 to $35 assembled.

Ken Hutchinson
Discount Hydraulic Hose.com
800-535-1302

/ Couple of hose questions #6  
Boy, nothing like a shameless plug for some free advertising.

I agree with what the others have said here. And I'll add that you can buy 1/4" SAE 100R2AT Hydraulic Hose (5,000 psi max. working pressure) for $1.08 per foot at www.DiscountHydraulicHose.com

We can make hose assemblies, too. Since each assembly is unique, you'll need to call our office (800-535-1302) and order it through one of our customer service reps. Ask for Rick. He's very good at these things. A 17-foot hose with male pipe or female JIC fittings should cost you about $30 to $35 assembled.

Ken Hutchinson
800-535-1302

/ Couple of hose questions #7  
We can make hose assemblies, too. Since each assembly is unique, you'll need to call our office (800-535-1302) and order it through one of our customer service reps.

I have purchased scores of fittings from from DHH, and I do endorse them as
a vendor. I have not ordered pre-assembled hoses from them, however.
The website does not make it clear that that service is offered.

I am going to have hoses made for my CK30 that measure 15' from the rear
AUX QAs to my loader front, similar to yours, BJN.

/ Couple of hose questions

Ken Hutchinson
800-535-1302

Just placed my order, thank's for the tip.

/ Couple of hose questions #9  
Like Dave, I too have bought tons of fittings and hose from DHH.
I've talked with Rick many times. They have an excellent on-line selection and competent staff to answer questions. I even purchased their charts of all their fittings and hydraulic information and keep them available in the shop for quick reference.
It's good to see you posting on TBN Ken.
Rob-