Covers for quick connects

/ Covers for quick connects #1  

Dan Hunter

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 3720 eHydro
Are there any alternative to the soft quick connect covers?

I'm largely fine with the male plugs but the female ones don't stay on once they get some fluid on them. I've tried zip tying them in place but they still come off at times and I'm burning through zip ties.

I'm considering buying connectors, disabling them to they don't allow fluid to pass, and capping them so I know they'll stay covered.

/ Covers for quick connects #2  
On my B2620, when the FEL is taken off, I use 2''x2'' square pieces of the Mrs kitchen tin foil. I place them sort of in line with the male, then push the female cover over the connection. They hold perfectly but need replacing each time the FEL is remounted/disconnected. It works for me.

/ Covers for quick connects #3  
The foil sounds like a great idea. Might have to try it.

I know what ya mean about the "female" covers for the male hose ends. Some stay, others don't......

/ Covers for quick connects #4  
A section of the kids old bicycle tube and a couple of zip tie keeps either side clean. They do make reusable zip ties that work great for this application. HF did sell them at one point, however, I haven't seen them for a while but they are available elsewhere.

/ Covers for quick connects #5  
Are there any alternative to the soft quick connect covers?
I'm largely fine with the male plugs but the female ones don't stay on once they get some fluid on them. I've tried zip tying them in place but they still come off at times and I'm burning through zip ties.
I'm considering buying connectors, disabling them to they don't allow fluid to pass, and capping them so I know they'll stay covered.
Put a medium (1/4" wide) zip tie around the cover in the first 1/2" (like a belt or the drawstring on a bag) while its on the connector and tighten it till its snug, then cut off the extra "tail" from the zip tie. That will tighten it up and help it stay on.

Aaron Z

/ Covers for quick connects #6  
Seems like some kind of rolled-up/roll-on reusable synthetic device waiting to be invented here.

/ Covers for quick connects #7  
There are metal one to be had. Not for sure but maybe parker. I don't know if I still have the package mine can in, I'll check and if I do I well post the name.

/ Covers for quick connects #9  
Similar to a couple here. Slice a bicycle inner tube into sections of tube about 6 inches long. Use a bit of rubber cement to close off one end and slide them over the connector like a sock. A strip of industrial Velcro line tie makes for a reusable ziptie and holds them on well (cheap on ebay). Dab of rubber cement can hold the Velcro strap to the rubber sock too so everything stays together (I generally hang them on the lines while not in use so they're handy as soon as I disconnect my implements).

/ Covers for quick connects #10  
Thats something like the ones I have, mine are 1/2". I wonder why parker didn't show the 1/2" ones? They stay on real good.