Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha #21  
...kind of along this topic, why don't tractor companys i.e. Kioti, etc. do like Chevy, GM, Ford etc. do and have their web site set up to where you could pick and "spec" the tractor of your choice and get an MSRP price, print it out to take with you to your dealer where you could then "haggle" over the price, like you do when buying that new pick-up? This would certainly cut out alot of the BS!
And what's the difference between getting a price quote via e-mail and the phone? If you call by phone, are you still considered "price shopping"? Whould they hang up on you?

Just my 2 1/2 cents worth.......

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha
Your worth to a place like this is only dpendent on if- and how much you spend there. Its "conditional love".
Do you ever get those telemarketers who call all gleeful and friendly, then when the conversation doesn't go their way, they call you names and hang up??
I like the list price thing you wrote about DirtHauler.
I also liked how the TractorGuy and TractorGal in Centralia, WA gave their "buy it now price", "no dicker sticker" and it's actually below what I'm hearing/ seeing on this forum.

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha #23  
I've been looking for a new or used tractor for several months in my area. The only dealer that seemed interested in making a sale was Kubota. I looked at NH, they had a used 2003 TC 29 DA with front loader and about 50 hours on the meter. It had a few scratches and some paint rubbed off of bucket, looked new other then that. They wanted $15,899 for used 2003 and had a new 2005 TC 29 DA w/fel for $16,999, They where not interested in coming down on the used one, they said they could get that much at auction so why come down. JD and MF both acted the same, no tractor in stock the sizes I was looking for, both had smaller and larger models in stock. Both quoted me over $20,000 for 30hp models w/fel if they could get one in. JD also sells Branson, looked at 2910 and 3510, price was $14,995 on 2910, little higher on 3510. Not a bad little tractor, if it had HST I'd have bought it. Dealer only had 1 JD in size range 33hp but larger frame than Bransons, he wanted $22,500 w/fel. I priced a package for Branson with rototiller and manure spreader, all they did was add their advertised price to price of tractor, not one penny discount to buy all three. I will probably buy the Kubota, salesman offered discount on tiller and sunshade for rops, said he couldn't come down spreader, already as cheap as he could go. Knocked off $100 on tiller and $100 on shade, not much, but an effort. I e-mailed about 5 dealers, got 2 replies, one just said I was to far away to ship to. Called 3 dealers in Alb.( nearest big city, 200 miles away) NH, JD, and Kubota, all quoted higher prices then local dealers on the same models, ouch! I don't know how they stay in buisness. Not 1 dealer offered to look for a used tractor for me, and only the Kubota dealer acted interested in making a sale, JD and MF acted like it would be a pain in their rear to try to get in the size tractor I wanted, wouldn't even check to see if other dealers in the state might have one in stock. NH acted like their tractors where so much better I should be happy to pay the difference, they where arrogent about the used one. j48j48

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( John, it appears that the above mentioned package can be had for about $21k. )</font>
Now you're in the good buy category. That's about as low as the dealer could go on that for the tractor/loader and make a "fair" profit, so you would be getting extras as well, not bad.

John

Have you considered Kioti tractors? Great bang for the buck!
Dont know about dealers in your state, however.
Avoiding the cocky ones seems wise! If they act strange before the sale, it's pretty much guaranteed no service after the sale.

And if the dealer could make so much at auction on his used coveted pile, Im sure he would instead of "floring" his money on the lot.

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha #27  
Alan Jackson has a song titled "Here in the Real World" ...Brother, welcome to it. I understand your frustration. My advice to you at this point would be to be patient and continue to do your research. I don't know how much you travel but for me it has helped some in that I go between Fla and Tn and I will use that to my advantage. I will learn more about the wrench turning part. I will find a tractor guy (mechanic) to befriend and fire off communications to the manufacturer when I can't get any help!!! I will also broadcast my issues and concerns here on TBN as I can assure you that this site is becoming a force to be reckoned with and will become an ever increasingly used tool for the dealers as it has the buyers/owners. Buy out of the area if you have to.....tell everyone who will listen, your story, and be sure to talk to the manufacturer about your issues. They don't need or want bad publicity! Please keep in mind that I am not suggesting that you be a jerk about it, just be forthright, informational and consistant. That is all any of us can really do. TBN is a great resource....use it.

Good Luck!

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha #28  
j48j48, same boat I was in. Looked into Kioti and found a great product for about 5K cheaper than the big 3. It has exceeded my expetations at everything I've done with it.

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha #29  
Knowing the MSRP would be nice and get you in the ballpark for price. Maybe even go up in size of tractor if the wallet would permit.
While shopping for a CK30HST, I made all phone calls. Most were within a couple hundred of each other and the prices were high. I thought they would make the price at least interesting to get me there. The first dealer I physically visited was like buying a car with options. He would never give me a price for the tractor, each implement, or attachmnets. He told me the package price which was very high. I had done a little homework before visiting the dealer. He even made a high offer on my old Ford 8n sight unseen.
I visited the other major 3 brand dealers mainly to compare quality and features. For a similar tarctor, prices quoted in person were 2-3000 higher. They were take it or leave it. I'm glad their sales are that good that they can ask top dollar and get it.
Where I made my purchase was a dealer I had stopped at several months ago. This time, he quoted me 500 less than before. I knew others that have dealt with him and he treats people well with service and parts. His overall price was the best, 1000 less than others. Once again, dealers are different and wouldn't it be nice just to get treated honestly and fairly. I understand they have to make a living and didn't want to steal the tractor. I just wanted to find the middle ground and only one was willing.

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha #30  
Here is a post with a different view other than a buyer. I am a dealer in FL and I also get email pricing. I get an email from a buyer who wants a price on a 20hp with a loader and a bushog mower. That is all of the info that I get. Is he in FL or is he in Canada? Is it cash or finance? Do you give him a price on a HST or a price on ag tires? Do you get any money from him for the aftercare or do you sell it so cheap that you hope he never calls with a problem. I need to take care of every customer who buys a tractor or even a mower blade. I need to make sure I am there for him at a moments notice and I have the tools and the equipment to do so. The customer looks at the cost of the tractor and I look at the cost of how I will be able to take care of him in the future. This is hard to put in an email with out sounding like a salesman. Then when you send an email with a good price he may not even email you back to tell you he even got the quote. If you email a dealer, tell him more about you and where you live and what you plan on doing with the tractor. You already know what you want but it will make the dealer feel better when you ask him for advice (ha,ha) and open up a conversation. After getting the email call him back the next day to see if the quote is concrete or if you can get a free grill gaurd. He is there to help but you have to give him a chance to help and the he likes to treat you the way you treat him.