Coyotes in the night after haying

/ Coyotes in the night after haying #11  
We have lots of them here, occasionally they follow the tractor while mowing to catch mice. We have a sheep farm and we haven't lost a sheep or lamb to them yet(thanks to LGD's), so we leave them alone. Killing the good ones that leave our animals alone would only allow others to move into their territory which may kill livestock.
Coyotes in eastern Canada and NE US are hybrid wolf/coyote and are slightly larger, but still relatively small. The biggest one caught here that I know of was 75lbs but most are under 45.
The young lady who was unfortunatly killed by two young coyotes here ran instead of holding her ground. I believe there are now signs posted in CB highlands park how to deal with coyotes. It is very important not to ever feed them or they will associate us with food.

/ Coyotes in the night after haying
Morning Matt...Being from across the northern border, you might be familiar with this warning :thumbsup:

Image.jpg

/ Coyotes in the night after haying #13  
Lol, I have seen a few "warning" signs like this but not this one.

/ Coyotes in the night after haying #14  
we shoot everyone we see nothing good will come out of letting them go. they will stalk smaller dogs and catch the right moment to attach....... it will certainly be to your benefit to shoot everyone you see.

is this from direct personal experience, or strictly anecdotal? in over populations, disease can definitely be a concern, a good reason for extermination ....but for as many real encounters as you might describe of the "good for nothing" critters , i see far more excuses just to pull out the weapon for target practice & "sport" & wipe out like a cockroach. for those that have had personal negative experience with them, by all means shoot them....but also easy to get carried away in blanket statements such as yours. sorry if i offend :)