COYOTES

/ COYOTES #222  
I've had over 30 Turkey at time in the yard and we have lots of coyotes also.

/ COYOTES
I've occasionally had as many as three coyotes in my yard at once. It was the culmination of a unique hunting technique. The first coyote runs along - howling, barking and making all sorts of noise. The remaining two will capture anything scared out of the bush. The two will follow along about 30 yards behind the first one.

I've seen this, in particular, along the trail on the far side of my lake. It must work and they must share OR every so often they rotate positions.

/ COYOTES #224  
I've had over 30 Turkey at time in the yard and we have lots of coyotes also.
We go through cycles where we will have a lot of Turkey, then just a few. The coyotes seem to follow the same trend. Neither can seem to fully establish and hold on like fox & deer. Bears are spotty, but they are around.
Pheasant are pretty much done and gone.
Bobcat is rare.

/ COYOTES #225  
I've occasionally had as many as three coyotes in my yard at once. It was the culmination of a unique hunting technique. The first coyote runs along - howling, barking and making all sorts of noise. The remaining two will capture anything scared out of the bush. The two will follow along about 30 yards behind the first one.

I've seen this, in particular, along the trail on the far side of my lake. It must work and they must share OR every so often they rotate positions.
We see similar behavior here, and the local coyotes will often shadow us like wingmen for anything that we startle. Ours do share; we often see mom or dad bringing food back for the kits.

All the best,

Peter

/ COYOTES #226  
Usually don't see coyote here, but I hear them a lot at night singing. I saw 3 wolves last year and one was black.

About 5 years ago I saw a white one. They claim there are 750 wolves in the UP of Michigan, right!

/ COYOTES #227  
Usually don't see coyote here, but I hear them a lot at night singing. I saw 3 wolves last year and one was black.

About 5 years ago I saw a white one. They claim there are 750 wolves in the UP of Michigan, right!
yes wolf colors can vary from white, to brown, to black but the majority are a mix of gray, brown and black very similar to a German shepherd.

/ COYOTES #228  
Interesting article that put in perspective their incredible traveling distance.

this is a wolf I saw on my travel ... nice size for the area
1678397700061.png