CP3 & CP4 pumps

/ CP3 & CP4 pumps
they were gonna have to anyways, the goverment would have made them. Curious how f’n bad you have to make a vehicle that burns up when the pressure pump implodes? Wtf did they do. Gm and ford pumps grenade and no flames.

imagine the engineers that signed off on that fuel system design, what else did they sign off on. We already know ram cant make a front end that doesn't fall apart.

and yea, ford will do everything they can to deny the cp4 warranty. I have no idea about gm. Never owned one. But I've owned dodge….

Maybe they just leak onto a certain spot & get hot or the fuel lines clog & burst. Who knows, but there’s no difference in the pumps -they’re all from Bosch.
Do you know a Ford of GM has never burned?

Still a LOT more responsible to replace all pumps than put a customer through the misery of having a Ford or GM take a dump 2,000 miles from home. That’s got to be a real kick in the shorts staying in some dumpy hotel and flying home while your truck gets towed to the Ford dealer.

Anyway, irrelevant nonsense about Ram aside, I was happy to hear the CP-4 problem doesn’t affect AG tractors and thought it made sense that fuel supply appears to have a lot to do with it.

Last edited:
   / CP3 & CP4 pumps #12  
You got me curious and looked up my massey fuel pump, bosch cb18. Deere runs cp4. My kubotas run what looks like kubota pumps. What other ag brands run cp4? Anything with a Cummins?

/ CP3 & CP4 pumps
Hell, BMW runs CP4.
Cummins small trucks for 2 years (resolved)
Lots of AG tractors, but few failures.