cracked bell housing

/ cracked bell housing
Iam still waiting to get my toy back when I do I will make sure the loader bolts are tight and check them frequently. jinman is right the previous owner may have had the bolts loosen causing the crack im glad i found it before the warrenty ran out:eek:

/ cracked bell housing #12  
Iam still waiting to get my toy back when I do I will make sure the loader bolts are tight and check them frequently. jinman is right the previous owner may have had the bolts loosen causing the crack im glad i found it before the warrenty ran out:eek:

Just a quick comment. I would accept a welded bellhousing for a warranty repair. A rebullt injecctor pump yes (which I did) , but not a welded bellhousing.

Andy

/ cracked bell housing #13  
When I was shopping for a compact tractor there was one warning (among many) about front end loaders attached to the bell housing rather than the frame . I was told that the number one enemy of that design was when the driver was unable to force the shovel into the desired load there is sometimes a desire to smash into it in order to get under the load . The shock is quite destructive to the bell housing which seems to be a "weak link". If the bell housing is aluminum the chances of failure increase .

/ cracked bell housing
well I finaly got my tractor back with a new bell housing and all looks to be done well the people at wallingford equipment are very good to deal with they genuinely seemed want to make you happy . I have put about 4 hours on It since yesterday its great to have it back.:D

/ cracked bell housing #15  
Agreed if it is cast iron. I have heard from many welders who avoid cast iron but most say welding cast steel is reliable. Was it iron or steel?

/ cracked bell housing #16  
Agreed if it is cast iron. I have heard from many welders who avoid cast iron but most say welding cast steel is reliable. Was it iron or steel?

general J has not posted in over 5 years.

/ cracked bell housing #17  
Cast Iron can be welded.
Follow the link to a slide show for a repair we did on a Ford 5000 3 or 4 years ago.
The transmission broke because it had a loader that was improperly mounted and the tractor was abused terribly. The fellow who bought it uses it for all his tillage and to feed large round bales with the 3 point and a bale spear.
We recommended he never put a loader on it which I doubt he will.
If you move your mouse over the pictures you will see descriptions at the top of each photo.

5000 Transmission Repair Slideshow by Ultradog | Photobucket

/ cracked bell housing #18  
i have the same problem with tc30 new holland, how much does it cost to remove & replace? mine cracked from front to back i think this was caused by front loader bucket. does anybody know part #

/ cracked bell housing #19  
A new case (SBA320111753) TC30 Clutch Housing.PNG is $1600. If you replace the case, you will probably do the clutch at the same time so about $2000 in parts. A New Holland Dealer will probably have about $2500 in labor. It would be cheaper to locate one in a salvage yard and have an independent mechanic do it.