Cracked engine block!!!

/ Cracked engine block!!!
Not yet but I plan to. See if my welders can repair it. Just got the tractor going so I must play first. I will keep everyone informed.

Joe

/ Cracked engine block!!! #62  
Your welders should have no trouble welding that block. Taken apart cleaned v'd out and preheated, and a little nickel rod it can be as good as new.
Mark

/ Cracked engine block!!! #63  
how much front weight did you have on it? Im worring now about mine it has at least 200lbs on the front bumper.

/ Cracked engine block!!!
I had about 300 to 350 on it. Problem is that I left it on all the time. If you take it off when you don't need it there should not be a problem.

Joe

/ Cracked engine block!!! #65  
I don't think leaving it on there hurt anything... I think the bracket breaking or a loose bolt caused the problem. I leave front weights on my tractors ALL the time.

If the weight bracket is holding the correct amount of weight it was designed fore, per OEM specs.. there should be no issue.. Unless there is damage to t he bracket..e tc..

Soundguy

/ Cracked engine block!!! #66  
I hate to open a old thread but could not help it. I need to put my input into this crack block situation. My testimony is that Lock-n-stitch is the answer. My 99 dodge 2500 diesel had this problem (leaking water jacket). Cummins had a rash of bad blocks casted. I went through a lot of grief until I opted to try this. I was facing a 10k fix with a new block (parts and labor). I manage to find a guru that used Lock-n-stitch in his machine shop as his main expertise. It was done in the frame for $700.00 3 years ago. So far so good! I will not be afraid to do it again. Next time I will do it myself. It is not a Rocket Science. It could save you loads of money and time.

/ Cracked engine block!!! #67  
BrianMO, can you explain what Lock-n-stitch is?