Cracked Front Loader Bracket & Weld Repair - LS Tractor

/ Cracked Front Loader Bracket & Weld Repair - LS Tractor #1  

goddom

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS G3038H
So I have a G3038H LS Tractor that I bought new a little over 6 years ago and have a little over 600 hours on. I use the front loader a lot to move dirt, manure, gravel and to plow with. I noticed that one of the brackets started to develop a crack and so I took it off, ground a sort of bevel into it and welded it up. I then used my plasma cutter to cut a gusset to reinforce the area and welded that on as well.

I am by no means a pro, but I can stick metal together well enough.

Crack.JPGweld fix.JPG

Here is a video I posted of the repair work.

[video]https://photos.app.goo.gl/uAviCQ3q3vnL2fAD6[/video]

/ Cracked Front Loader Bracket & Weld Repair - LS Tractor #2  
Great job on the repair! That area was prone to crack though. Expect it to happen on the other side also.

Unfortunately, tractor and loader manufacturers (all of them) decided it was a good a idea to completely get rid of those side supports all the way to the front of the tractor. So the loader brackets will flex and as the type of use and hours start to accumulate, it will get fatigued and start cracking.

/ Cracked Front Loader Bracket & Weld Repair - LS Tractor
Great job on the repair! That area was prone to crack though. Expect it to happen on the other side also.

Unfortunately, tractor and loader manufacturers (all of them) decided it was a good a idea to completely get rid of those side supports all the way to the front of the tractor. So the loader brackets will flex and as the type of use and hours start to accumulate, it will get fatigued and start cracking.

I had a feeling that would be the case if for nothing else, by strengthening the one side it will put more load on the other...