cracked trailer frame....

/ cracked trailer frame.... #11  
I'm not a big fan of the fold down ramps with legs due to having to be on relatively level ground to use them. Plus I dont like having them folded in the upright position on the back of the trailer because I haul alot of stuff sticking out the back 3-4'. I should have carried the timber to block the back up, but did not.

my fold up rams are removeable.

pull 2 pins on either side and the ramps will slide off the trailer if needed. pretty good design. best of both worlds..

/ cracked trailer frame....
my fold up rams are removeable.

pull 2 pins on either side and the ramps will slide off the trailer if needed. pretty good design. best of both worlds..

Do you by chance have any pictures of how the ramps are set up? I may want to do this, I like the idea of being able to take them off easily. The ones I have seen the ramps are not easily removeable.The ramps ,can they be adjusted for different width equipment?
Right now I am planning on removeable jacks at the back. I could easily modify my ramps with legs

/ cracked trailer frame.... #13  
Can you show a pic of the trailer/crack. Hard for me to visualize.
Bob

Not the trailer in question but this is where I visualize...

dump_trailer_05.jpg

It cracked right at the end of the full wrap tongue, close the where the front axle sping mount is. I do not have an actual pic, but this trailer is close what I have.
TRAILER.jpg

/ cracked trailer frame.... #15  
Do you by chance have any pictures of how the ramps are set up? I may want to do this, I like the idea of being able to take them off easily. The ones I have seen the ramps are not easily removeable.The ramps ,can they be adjusted for different width equipment?
Right now I am planning on removeable jacks at the back. I could easily modify my ramps with legs

the rear of the trailer hs a large pipe beam, and the rams have tube recievers that slide on the beam. there a plate that pins ont he end of the beam and braces against the frame.. 2 pins on each side drop that cap/brace and let the ramps slide off either side

Here is what i have, I ground a groove in the crack on both sides, ran bead in it. Ground that down, on tire side I welded in some 3/8 x 3" flatbar in. On the inside of the trailer I used the 1/4" square tubing I had left from a previous project. i welded that in and used the 3 x 4 angle and welded that in for extra bracing. Still have some more adding to do before I put the floor in. Going to reroute some of the wiring and get that fixed up. Got my wire rope welded back in for my tie-down points. I am going to come up with 2" square tubing receiver in the center right behind the tool box and us 2" square tube to mount my spare, going to usa spindle so I can mount bearing hub and all for spare to have in case I burn bearings up on the road. Going to use removable jacks on the back when loading equipment. Going to clean up the cross members and shoot some paint on everything before the boards go back. The arrow shows where the crack was.
IMG_20130117_175516.jpg

/ cracked trailer frame.... #17  
Looks like you have it figured out...Just dont load your equipment the same way....lol

/ cracked trailer frame.... #19  
Sure , what the **** I'll just go buy an 18 wheeler.....................I said I have loaded a few times over capacity. Ok lets see I said I move a 5400lb tractor alot, I said I have 5200 lb axles on it....do the math ,10,400 lbs capacity just so there is no mistake. Got to love the safety police. I even explained why the frame cracked and it was not from the few time I overloaded the trailer, its was from how I loaded the tractor. I see alot of others that do the same and wanted to throw it out there as a warning, See I am thinking of others. :)

I use the heck out of it, and have loaded it heavy to max and sometimes over now and then.

No reason to get testy just writting a reply based on what YOU WROTE!!!! I'm sure that broke frame if not caught would have been safe also. JUST MAYBE when you overloaded(your words NOT MINE) that could have contributed to the break? Do what ever you want, it's your dime, I just made a suggestion nothing more. Okay I'm done now you can get back on your high horse :mad:

No reason to get testy just writting a reply based on what YOU WROTE!!!! I'm sure that broke frame if not caught would have been safe also. JUST MAYBE when you overloaded(your words NOT MINE) that could have contributed to the break? Do what ever you want, it's your dime, I just made a suggestion nothing more. Okay I'm done now you can get back on your high horse :mad:
Roger dodger safety police