Cracked tranny case on TC26DA

/ Cracked tranny case on TC26DA #21  
I've done that and didn't see many results.. Not sure about your question. Anyway, got the new one put on, and hope it stays together. No way has this machine ever been abused, though, and I am not happy about it. I've got a 30+ year old Echo chainsaw that probably has more hours on it..
Exactly.. my question was, rephrased, does it have a separate rear end, and transmission, or do the axles go into the transmission case?. a combined unit like that has more stress on it.. still, they could have made the unit stronger, unless they designed it to break after a certain period of time, they make money on replacement parts, also, when they stop selling those replacement parts, you are expected to buy a new tractor from them..

/ Cracked tranny case on TC26DA
Exactly.. my question was, rephrased, does it have a separate rear end, and transmission, or do the axles go into the transmission case?. a combined unit like that has more stress on it.. still, they could have made the unit stronger, unless they designed it to break after a certain period of time, they make money on replacement parts, also, when they stop selling those replacement parts, you are expected to buy a new tractor from them..

I think the axles go into the tranny case. At any rate, the case where the axles go into is the one that cracked. It is possible, though extremely unlikely that at some point over the last 12 years, I banged it into a rock, but I sincerely doubt it.

/ Cracked tranny case on TC26DA #23  
I think the axles go into the tranny case. At any rate, the case where the axles go into is the one that cracked. It is possible, though extremely unlikely that at some point over the last 12 years, I banged it into a rock, but I sincerely doubt it.
maybe you ran into a hole, or run over a rock? surely, something caused this!. although I believe the case should have been made to withstand that type of treatment.. maybe there's no cross member from on side to the other to transfer the force from one axle to both.. it's possible some defective castings were released too..

/ Cracked tranny case on TC26DA #24  
I've done that and didn't see many results.. Not sure about your question. Anyway, got the new one put on, and hope it stays together.No way has this machine ever been abused, though, and I am not happy about it. I've got a 30+ year old Echo chainsaw that probably has more hours on it..

Three common ways to abuse a tractor, 1> go full throttle mud running, 2>play tug-o-war, 3>never change fluids and filters, other than that a tractor is a tractor made for tractor environment, theoridicaly. My saying is a tractor should pull what it's pulling or spin the tires.

So what was the exact cost of the fix? tires can run around $1,000.00, how'd you pay for it, credit card, savings and did you say ouch in a upset way? And did the repair come with a taillight guarantee? If it did I'd seriously consider another color tractor, if your like me even $1,000.00 would hurt, good luck with the repaided tractor.

Three common ways to abuse a tractor, 1> go full throttle mud running, 2>play tug-o-war, 3>never change fluids and filters, other than that a tractor is a tractor made for tractor environment, theoridicaly. My saying is a tractor should pull what it's pulling or spin the tires.

So what was the exact cost of the fix? tires can run around $1,000.00, how'd you pay for it, credit card, savings and did you say ouch in a upset way? And did the repair come with a taillight guarantee? If it did I'd seriously consider another color tractor, if your like me even $1,000.00 would hurt, good luck with the repaided tractor.

Chinese tires are relatively cheap. Knocking out a total of 900 bucks for tires and the entire sales tax, the repair cost is $4200. Not a small ticket item, lol. Now I could have saved the labor cost by splitting the tractor myself, but with no garage and not much patience or skill with things mechanical, I didn't even think of a DIY solution.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed with the repair, but not much else I can do. I like this dealer, and again, I didn't buy the tractor from him, as they weren't in the area then, and moved nearer when my original dealer went under and re-emerged as an M-F dealer. Come to think of it I'm pretty bad luck on dealers. I bought a 1974 Datsun pickup - they went out of biz. I bought a 1987 Dodge pickup - they went out. I bought a 2001 Toyota Camry - they got bought out. I bought this tractor, and they went belly-up. I even bought a woods back blade from a company that went out about a month later..

/ Cracked tranny case on TC26DA #26  
For what it is worth, I just looked at a TC26DA this week that also had a cracked case. Low hours and great condition otherwise, so it might be some of these have a tendency to crack.

Thanks for the info, all. GKChesterton, that's a bit scary, yes, especially if the replacement case isn't any better. Not much I can do about it. Keeping fingers crossed. Sad that a structural part like that would fail in so many different machines. Appears to be a design flaw.