Tire Selection Cracks in tire.

/ Cracks in tire. #1  

marshallcro

Tractor
John Deere 3720, Farmall Cub, Bobcat 3400
Could someone tell me if there is a product on the market that I could use to fill the cracks in a tire that has developed at the base of the tire tread. I would like to fill the cracks with a gluing agent to bond it back together. Thanks in advance.

/ Cracks in tire. #2  
In a word. NO. You do not really want to cover up any cracks unless the tire is only on display. A tire with cracks anywhere is at the end of its useful life. In your case, it sounds like the tread is separating from the carcass. That type of failure killed several people in Ford Explorer SUVs

/ Cracks in tire.
This is for a slow moving tractor on my property that has 650 hrs. The crack is in-between the treads that are hardly worn down. I don't feel I will be jeopardizing my safety. I'm just looking to glue the rubber together, the tire still holds air.

/ Cracks in tire. #4  
I ran into the same problem. Weather checking was the reason and just to have a safe trouble free winter I spent close to $900.
Next spring the same checks developed.
They said no problem 100% refund for tires ONLY but we need the carcasses.
Problem was they do not make that tire anymore so no refund as I can't drive on the rims.
We did settle for $350 cash and I'm on cracked tires 'till they blow.
I'll probably have them foam filled as I should have done first place, that or find a truck tire that has same OD (am 4WD)

There is no 'glue' to fix cracked tires. Sun is the culprit. Do like RV'rs do. Cover them when not in use.

/ Cracks in tire. #5  
Tires on my tractor are 23 yrs. old and have cracks for quite a few yrs. on sides and between the treads still hold air and going strong I use the tractor nearly every day. No fix keep them out of the sun like mentioned.

/ Cracks in tire. #6  
When I traded in my previous tractor it had 26 years on the tires with no cracks or signs of aging anywhere. It was always kept in a shed except when in use.

/ Cracks in tire. #7  
Post some pics of where the cracks are on the tires. Once cracks appear there is no 'crazy' glue made to repair the cracks, other than possibly cosmetically, which just hides the inherent danger.
A tractor tire repair shop could look at the cracks and give a definitive answer; but most reputable shops won't do any repair that puts them or you at risk.

/ Cracks in tire. #8  
Problem was they do not make that tire anymore so no refund as I can't drive on the rims.

You can purchase obscure, low volume, obsolete tractor and truck tires on eBay.

What size(s) do you need?

/ Cracks in tire. #9  
Put tubes in them, that's what I did on my 2305. Tires were Carlisle with less than 200 hours on the tractor. Will never purchase Carlisle tires again.

/ Cracks in tire. #10  
Put tubes in them, that's what I did on my 2305. Tires were Carlisle with less than 200 hours on the tractor. Will never purchase Carlisle tires again.

dellwas ; hi, my Carlisle tires are 8 yrs old, left rear side wall look's like a cavern with icicle's hanging sideways. their are 6 holes in them, tractor has been in basement for several wks for repairs. I found a new set of r-4s right in my back yard, only problem their either 10-ply or 14-ply. is the 14-ply way to stiff for my 2520 cut? thanks jd 50 oh, 800 hrs