Craigslist TS1610 acquired---Maybe too late but want to try and save it.

/ Craigslist TS1610 acquired---Maybe too late but want to try and save it. #1  

Tinstar

Tractor
Yanmar YT359C/Ford 1210/John Deere 2020
Just acquired a TS1610 2wd on craigslist for $100 complete, minus the front grill. Even has weights on the front bar.
Needs lots of attention and parts and would like to try and save it.
Seller claimed it last ran two years ago. Looks like he needed to add at least another 5-9 to that figure.

Engine is locked up and water was sitting in #1 cylinder.
Water was drained and I poured some trans fluid and penetrating oil in both cylinders.
Removed valve cover and two valves were stuck. One came back fairly easily and the other took some time but is back to "normal" now. Rockers were not rusted at all. Springs and all looked brand new.
Engine still will not turn over but will pull head and see how bad it is.
No keys so a new starter switch is needed.

It needs everything from seat to shift lever boot to front grill and obviously a engine rebuild kit.
Front crank pulley is also needed. I chipped it trying to break free crank. Stupid move i know...
The oil drain plug and oil filter are missing.
Everything else is there.

So....
Anyone have a English translated parts/user manual or parts tractor that can help with some needed items?

I also have both JD and Kubota tractors and use them almost daily.
Hate to see a tractor go to scrap.

Any ideas about engine and manuals and parts will be greatly appreciated

/ Craigslist TS1610 acquired---Maybe too late but want to try and save it.
DF3F7FBB-3BD4-44DE-941C-95C5CF0815C2.jpeg
30BCB582-C025-40C2-9F91-9A096FE365F1.jpeg

All the side screens came with the tractor.

/ Craigslist TS1610 acquired---Maybe too late but want to try and save it. #3  
try searching here for manuals, someone posted a link in this section for manuals for every iseki listed, looks not to bad from the outside what a shame water got in, tell me about it though I went through just about everything your about to do on my TX 2160,

Keep us posted and good luck, plenty pictures is good.

Chris

/ Craigslist TS1610 acquired---Maybe too late but want to try and save it. #4  
I have had a few frozen tractors I have pulled out of barns and blackberries in my younger days...
Did as you did. poured ATF into cylinders. pulled plugs or injectors and let it sit a few days.
Never try to force the crankshaft to turn by starter, crank pulley or crank pulley bolt. you break something....you are done.

We always put the tractor into low gear and one of us on each rear tire. Rocking the tractor back and forth untill something starts to move. Refill ATF and let it sit some more. Continue as needed. Some it worked better to rock in high gear. Once you get it rolling you can use the starter to turn the engine over to blow out the ATF. plugs/injectors back in and start. Its going to smoke!

Yea
Lesson learned and I hope I can find a replacement pully.

Will search for the manuals and definitely try the low gear trick.
Hopefully someone will chime with parts available.

I bought all the missing bolts for the panels and screens today.
No idea what size the oil drain plug is.
Maybe Kubota has one that will work?

Lots of work to do and plenty of small parts to get
Everything from shifter boot to fuse holders to front side reflector, etc.

I love the fact it’s easy to get to most everything.

2FE72BB2-10D8-4A22-9E88-7F00192DB279.jpeg

1CAF4B2A-4839-46FD-9E21-70ECB477274E.jpeg91A263B7-BE30-49C1-9DD2-AAC5DCB8F203.jpeg3F17AC1A-1659-442F-B139-424724E57658.jpeg

I do need to get out the two busted studs on the exhaust manifold.
The other two are probably close to it.

What is this port for?
Left side of engine below exhaust port.
Oil pressure?
Parts book shows nothing
C4F159BF-E273-43EC-BA8A-7F10A5D1DB5F.jpeg

Last edited:
Selling the TS1610 hopefully tomorrow to scrap yard.

Can’t find parts or specific information besides TractorData
No one answers emails for possible parts.
This forum isn’t active enough to help in a timely manner.

It’s just not worth the time.
I already have two full size tractors to maintain and parts are plentiful.

I did finally find the correct Wix oil/fuel/air filters. Also found the correct Gates fan belt and upper radiator hose.
I’m sure everyone already knows these.

Thank you to all who replied.

I’m Out

/ Craigslist TS1610 acquired---Maybe too late but want to try and save it. #10  
Well you never gave that much of a chance but as you have said you have others to look after so this was just too much for you to do, I also found I had little replies but when I did some were along the lines of, these are bullet proof and no one has attempted to do what your are going to do as time is money, each to their own though. This forum is huge, iseki is just a small part of it, its good once you get to know it though.