crane added to trailer

/ crane added to trailer #11  
After loading and unload implements from our utility flatbed trailer many times, dearest suggested I add a crane to it. The crane is a inexpensive HF 1000lb max version. Receiver is a 2" hitch type I built so as to readily remove and add the crane and it will not be normally be installed on this trailer. View attachment 748982View attachment 748983
Nice. And as they say, as we get older we get smarter not stronger

/ crane added to trailer
Now we are looking locally at a wider (important) and longer PJ trailer to replace it with. Might be moving the crane to it.

/ crane added to trailer #13  
I have a homemade one on my 5x9 utility dump…

Great for engines and such but seldom used now as my backhoe makes a great mobile crane.

/ crane added to trailer
I have a homemade one on my 5x9 utility dump…
Great for engines and such but seldom used now as my backhoe makes a great mobile crane.
When we are in the feild to pick up implements, no backhoes in sight.

/ crane added to trailer
Here is the trailer with lift crane added promised some time ago of it in action. Got drag off the trails yesterday. Did have to reinforced the trailer sidewall twice to make it rigid enough. This crane addition reduced the labor of getting in on by 70 or 80%. We didn't lift all the weight, but with the front off the ground, its rear was easily moved.
trailerdrag885.jpg
trailerdrag0886.jpg
trailerdrag892.jpg

/ crane added to trailer #16  
After loading and unload implements from our utility flatbed trailer many times, dearest suggested I add a crane to it. The crane is a inexpensive HF 1000lb max version. Receiver is a 2" hitch type I built so as to readily remove and add the crane and it will not be normally be installed on this trailer. View attachment 748982View attachment 748983
Love this. I've been debating awhile on how to do something similar on one of my sailboat trailers, as it's an old woodie that always travels with a heavy fleeced bottom cover installed. That bottom cover has prevented me from enjoying that boat it as frequently as I'd like, as I can only get it on/off with either a hoist (which not all boat launches have) or the help of a few other adults to lift the boat and slide it off.

A gantry beam over the trailer wouldn't work, as it would interfere with the mast when launching, but I think this hoist looks like a perfect solution, if I can manage to beef up the trailer side rail sufficient to handle that torque load. The boat has lifting eyes and a bridle, but does require a good bit of height at the bridle connection point, meaning a rather tall mount for a crane like this.

Wish I'd seen it when doing all the major repair on this antique trailer, now it's all nicely painted and clean. :(