Crank no start

/ Crank no start #21  
It looks like your fuel solenoid only has one wire if it is the same as in the attached.

Attachments

• TC40 Fuel Solenoid Testing.pdf
    451.8 KB · Views: 47
   / Crank no start
How many wires on your solenoid. Usually there are two so you will have to run two wires. Don't anything about your specific solenoid but give it a try. It can't hurt anything.
There is 1 wire. I ran a jumper from battery to the solenoid and it started right up. I'm wondering if there is a fuse link on the wire to the solenoid.

/ Crank no start #23  
I would first check the Seat Switch & the the Parking Brake Switch...

On the NH TC series the seat switch and the parking brake switch will not stop the engine from turning over however they cause the Fuel Solenoid to shut off. This will allow the engine to crank but not start.

You should also check to see if the Fuel Solenoid is activating when the key is turned run position. The fuel solenoid is on the right side of the tractor. If you set the parking brake and turn the Key to the ON position, you should hear it click.

Do you have volt/ohm meter?

Do you have a manual, it will have the elecrical schmatics?

Have checked to ensure the seat and parking brake switches are working as "dlctcg" indicated your tractor will crank but these safeties will prevent the fuel seloniod from being entergized?

/ Crank no start #24  
If it were me I'd pull out 1 relay at a time and clean the sockets with contact cleaner . And reseat ur relays to start. lots of dirt there that can give you a bad connection.
IOW, it's filthy. Hope you take better care of the tractor than what the picture shows.

/ Crank no start #25  
There is 1 wire. I ran a jumper from battery to the solenoid and it started right up. I'm wondering if there is a fuse link on the wire to the solenoid.
Look at the color of the wire. Can you trace it back to its source? Go to the dealer and ask the Service Manager to provide you with a wiring diagram. Use the diagram to trace the wire back to all locations to the switch. ‘

You may have a controller that has gone bad. Voltage usually flow from the switch to relay, relay to controller to solenoid. You have direct wired the solenoid so you know it works. The solenoid usually receives battery voltage when the switch is turned to start to retract the solenoid plunger which allow the spring loaded rail in the pump to move which opens the injector fuel supply from the pump. When you return the switch to run, the controller supply’s a reduced voltage amount to keep the solenoid retracted which enable the motor to continue running. When you turn the key to the off position all voltage to the solenoid is stopped which allows the solenoid plunger to fully extend which pushes the fuel rail closed which cuts off the fuel to the injectors which stops the engine.

If your motor spins over as you stated and the unit does not start nothing is wrong with you seat safety switch. Voltage is flowing through the seat safety switch to the starter.