Crankcase Ventilation Hose Required?

/ Crankcase Ventilation Hose Required? #1  

Beltzington

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 3720
I have been working on a woodchipper on and off for the last several months and replaced the JD Diesel engine with a used one. Have everything hooked up and it runs great but I cannot find anywhere to connect the PCV hose coming from the valve cover. I would expect this should attach somewhere on the intake but there is no place to connect the hose. Should I worry about it and just let it vent externally? There is a 1/2" NPT plug directly below the air filter I could fit up but it doesn't make since it would be plugged if that is where the hose went. This is a 4-cyl non-turbo 60HP Diesel.

/ Crankcase Ventilation Hose Required? #2  
Quick note MY JD 4320/ 2006 model, bought new, has the what I think is the PVC hose from the valve cover and it discharges just below the engine. It occasionally it weeps some oil down onto the right side steering cylinder. It is the Power Tech 2.44 liter engine. That's it nothing else. Later

/ Crankcase Ventilation Hose Required? #3  
Run the PCV downward toward the ground, just let it vent.

You don't want to be sending dirty air to the intake and since it is a non-turbo there should little chance of forcing oil out of it.