Crazy Theft

/ Crazy Theft #1  

farmboy12

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900 FEL; New Holland TC30 MMM; Ford 1620; Ford 1520 MMM; John Deere X740; John Deere 455 MMM; Craftsman 19.5hp;;;;; Antiques: 1946 John Deere B; 1951 John Deere MT; 1952 Allis Chalmers B; 1967 International 140
This happened a few months ago-

If you look at my signature, you will see we have a Case 450 with a loader, it used to have a backhoe. Well, the tractor was on a safe lot, located close to a house and barn, the backhoe, however, was on a vacant lot. We were riding dirt bikes one day on the vacant lot and we couldn't find it, when we looked closer, there was plywood left behind. It turns out, that with the backhoe with oversized bucket made of grade 1 steel, weighed 4500#s, and could've made $400-$500 at a metal scrap yard, which is where we figured it went. What has the world come to, going through that much trouble for that little money?!

/ Crazy Theft #2  
No crazier than stealing a compressor unit for the copper in it. Or live power lines. There is no way the people buy the stolen stuff don't know what is going on when the same person has good looking stuff being sold as scrap all the time. kt

/ Crazy Theft #3  
Last year or so, in the next village (Bethanie), someone stole the old historical bell of the church, most likely to melt it and then sell it at the scrap yard.

I can guess how frustrating it can be to have your equipment stolen. And I find even more outrageous :mad: to see some thieves making profit out of cultural artefacts that belong to a whole community.

/ Crazy Theft #4  
Yeah it stinks. My neighbors son has stolen him blind. They cut up an old Garwood Pan I was buying from him then stole a complete un assembled Heil dump bed he bought when it was bough by TBEI. I know they yard that bought it and its on hold now but they want their 300 out of it. They alos took in a load of new storm doors still had the stickers on them. Supposed to hold the check 3 days but they pay in cash on the spot. The sorry a%% law we have are too lazy to do anything about it. I held 3 people at gun point about 6 months ago for 3 hours and still no law came I called 4 times. they said it was a minor account they were sitting on the state line catching beer runs. an old man and 2 teens were trying to load up a load of cultivators and hydraulics i had at my shop. I just so happenedto have my dogs up that day. One of my customers called me about a month ago asking if I had 450 dollars to bail him out. I told him sure and went to the jail. He had an R model Mack log truck and lost a fan belt. he flagged it off and left it in a parking lot in broard 1130 daylight infront of arestaurant. got his wife to take him to town and when they were comming back met some thug kids with a load of scrap and a large radiator on top of the load. He said to his wife that sure looked like a new Mack Radiator. when his got to his truck the cap was still down but antifreeze was everywhere. They sawzalled the top supports and the bottoms as well. and yanked it with his own chain. they left a 3 foot chain on the ground. I asked why he was in jail while bonding him out He just looked up at the jailor and grinned I showed them what else you could do with a 3 foot tie down chain. Those thugs mentioned have stolen over 4000 dollars worth of coper and aluminum and the law wont do anything to them because as the say they are in enought trouble already. sorry about your attachment.

/ Crazy Theft #5  
You can pressure your town or county to require the scrap yards to collect ID on copper, new materials, aluminum or anything suspicious. They won't pay out here in San Antonio at the scrap yard I visit without proper ID.
I think it helps...

I personally think the thieves should be tarred and feathered and put on display for the whole town. They'll move on when the tar wears off..