Creek Crossing with Soft Banks

/ Creek Crossing with Soft Banks #11  
The Corp of Engineers can get involved into to any thing that carries water. A friend wanted to build a small dam across a low place on his property to back up less than an acre for a pond. Water was run off and it dried up about 4 months in the year. Less than 1 inch deep and only about 24 inches across at the widest. Said it was a wet land. Only low place going thru the woods. Dam would have stopped the land from washing away and given him a way to cross without going thru it.

/ Creek Crossing with Soft Banks #12  
How long of a bridge would you need to get from good ground to good ground?

Creek of 3ft does not sound like much of a challenge. The city telling me I could not have a bridge of any kind on my property would incentivize me to get real creative real quick.

I would build a trailer of sorts that I could push in and pull out with the tractor at will. When they ask tell them you don’t have a bridge you have a trailer. It could be built in a way that uses a roller instead of wheel so it does not sink in the mud.

/ Creek Crossing with Soft Banks #13  
There are power lines and such so I'd like to clean it up before I get everything growing up into them.
The utility companies came through and cut a path and crossed with a tracked skid steer with no issues.
Why do you want to clean it up for the power company?

Bruce

/ Creek Crossing with Soft Banks
I wasn't really sure who was responsible for the lines and what grows up into them. I figured it would be easier form me to mow it down and then give in an annual cutting vs. waiting until none of it is movable. I know I have a hydrant and water shutoff in that area and those I keep chopped down and sprayed around them.

/ Creek Crossing with Soft Banks
I would guess around 10' would be pretty safe most times of the year. I cut stuff like this in August usually or early fall so it tends to be drier. Not sure how that is going to go this year with all the rain.