Creek got me again

/ Creek got me again #1  

ror105

Silver Member
Tractor
2011 Kubota 2320 HSD
Well my intention was to get in here and clean some more of the creek walls out to finish lining the sides with rip rap. All of the rain made the dirt more like a mud I guess you would say. And I also thought it would be ok to pull down in there without the backhoe. Well the wife's 4runner was needed for this rescue.

Attachments

• image-1446873461.jpg
    image-1446873461.jpg
    586 KB · Views: 1,144
   / Creek got me again #3  
your not stuck, you just momentarily lost the ability to move in the direction you want to! lol As a side note try not to get off camber like that when you are getting into a sticky situation. If you can approach it at 90* you have a much better chance of following your tracks back out. It also lets the diff lock work better when both tires have equal weight on them. If your rear tires aren't loaded, that would be my next step, or find a good heavy rear implement that has some ground clearance.

Its always fun getting a little mud on the tires. Keep us posted with your progress!

/ Creek got me again #4  
When I see the picture of your stuck tractor, all I can think of is "DUH". haha, sorry, but yeah, redneck has some good advice above ^

/ Creek got me again #5  
You won't get stuck if you just keep moving.

:)

Bruce

/ Creek got me again #6  
What exactly were you attempting to do ? Prove all rules of physics to be wrong ?

/ Creek got me again #7  
You might just solve your light rear end and getting stuck issue with one implement. A backhoe :)

/ Creek got me again #8  
The gang is pretty merciless, today, so I'll just toss out that I did almost exactly the same thing the first year I had my tractor. Went into a wet area with nothing on the 3pt, scooped up a full bucket, lifted, started to go forward and then the front end dropped in to the miasma of muck and ooze, up and over the front axle. Was able to push myself out using the FEL (lucky that I remembered someone on here mentioned that). Made a huge mess. Took a quick look around to see if I could put all the muck back where it was, throw some straw over it and deny that it ever happened, if asked, when I spied The Plant Manager, her arms akimbo and giving me that steely eye stare. So now you are "experienced". welcome to the club!

/ Creek got me again #9  
Did you try pushing it out with the FEL like Baby Grand mentioned?

/ Creek got me again #10  
Leaning over 30 degrees & ROPS is down .....