Critters captured on camera

/ Critters captured on camera #141  
I have never seen these cameras till last week, I should set one up in my back yard we have a game trail back there, mule and whitetail deer, elk cougar would make a nice picture. :thumbsup:Next job I do will cover it.

/ Critters captured on camera #142  
I have never seen these cameras till last week, I should set one up in my back yard we have a game trail back there, mule and whitetail deer, elk cougar would make a nice picture. :thumbsup:Next job I do will cover it.
Johnp33, Do the research before you buy a game camera otherwise you have a 50/50 chance of spending a few hundred bucks on pure junk. I won't go into the brand models that fit in that category, surprisingly some are those that make other acceptable optical products. Even if they have a great guarantee and excellent customer service, what good is that if your constantly breaking down game cam isn't out doing what it is supposed to do-taking pictures? I was totally surprised in finding out that a game cam can be so unreliable as compared to a standart point and shoot hand camera.
Go to Chasingame.com: Scouting Camera Reviews | Performance Reviews | Trail Camera Models compared | Sample Pictures and Moviesand read the user forums, they also have a game camera test results section on all of the major brands. They do not sell cameras so there doesn't seem to be a bias factor.
I have a Reconyx HC600 and yes it is a bit pricey but on a whole they are bullet proof and are a miss nothing picture taking machine. I still can't figure out what type of bird/raptor this is but the Reconyx caught it at speed...

Attachments

• Unknown Bird.JPG
    Unknown Bird.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 271
   / Critters captured on camera #143  
Thanks that is great advise, I have a buddy that is a real avid hunter, worst luck I have ever seen but I will get him thinking of buying it. Maybe even sharing it. It is getting cheaper or maybe the two of us could afford a better one. This retirement is expensive.

/ Critters captured on camera #144  
Taken from our front window.

Attachments

• Deer1.jpg
    Deer1.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 289
   / Critters captured on camera #145  
I bought the Wildgame Innovations 5.0 MP IR Game Camera Combo at dicks sporting goods. 100 bucks. I guess for the money its ok. The thing i really noticed was the slow trigger speed. I can catch deer on it because they walk slowly and cautiously. But i have seen coyote tracks walk directly in front of it and no pics. I tried a bait pile in front and i got 146 pictures of crows!!! I could watch them pick apart the steaks frame by frame. Kind of neat.

/ Critters captured on camera #146  
Heres a young jake that fell in love with the hens and moved in. Hes so brave He will flog anyone or thing that he feels threatened by. And yes he is a wild bird.
HPIM2808.JPG

HPIM2809.JPG

/ Critters captured on camera #147  
For Bullbreaker

First calves of the year,

the other ones are taken last sunday
The bull was about to jump in the box,both my daughters where in there too :)

Attachments

• buffalo calv 011 008.jpg
    buffalo calv 011 008.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 167
  • june 2011 buffalo field trip with the girls 050.jpg
    june 2011 buffalo field trip with the girls 050.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 191
  • june 2011 buffalo field trip with the girls 057.jpg
    june 2011 buffalo field trip with the girls 057.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 158
  • june 2011 buffalo field trip with the girls 058.jpg
    june 2011 buffalo field trip with the girls 058.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 168
  • june 2011 buffalo field trip with the girls 070.jpg
    june 2011 buffalo field trip with the girls 070.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 139
   / Critters captured on camera #148  
Here are some pics of a friendly deer that hangs around my barn. She will never run from me but doesn't want me to get closer than about 10'. She has one fawn per season that stays with her for quite a while. I saw her third fawn last weekend but I didn't get a shot of it, tiny little thing.

Attachments

• P8080011.JPG
    P8080011.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 184
  • P8080010.JPG
    P8080010.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 149
  • PC040004.JPG
    PC040004.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 180
  • P8140060.JPG
    P8140060.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 166
   / Critters captured on camera #149  
thirty feet from kitchen window. hopefully this works first time with pics

Last edited:
   / Critters captured on camera #150  
Here is my little "bee buddy" that decided to hang with me a few weekends ago. It hovered about 2 feet off to the side of my face for both days and followed me everywhere I went. I can't explain why it did this but I first noticed the bee when it was watching me spray some hornets from a machine I had just uncovered. Maybe its enemies?

It was like a protective sentinel and would dart out and t-bone any flying insects that came close to me then quickly return to my side. Gnats, flies, other bees, if it was flying and getting close to me it was toast. :thumbsup:

Now if only I could get them to stop eating my pole barn. :(

Attachments

• P4240051.JPG
    P4240051.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 234