Critters captured on camera

/ Critters captured on camera #11  
Here are my favorites from last week. A momma Robin that adopted a Blackbird.

Now the Blackbird is much larger than the Robin ...... but he still follows her around begging. He's gonna have a very confused diet for a Blackbird.

/ Critters captured on camera #12  
I just bought a trail/game camera that shoots color during the day and black and white at night and the infrared flash is not visible.
If anything else more exciting drops by, I will post them.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    324.1 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    324.7 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    324.9 KB · Views: 280
   / Critters captured on camera #13  
This past weekend at the farm I kept hearing a screeching noise on the front porch. I finally looked up and saw a bird's nest installed on top of the porch light. I can't identify the birds but they sure can make a racket for tiny little things.

I'm afraid I may have scared their mother away.:ashamed: Temporarily I hope; they sounded hungry. I never saw an adult bird come to care for them. They now have the porch all to themselves until next weekend.

Attachments

• Feed Me Please.jpg
    Feed Me Please.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 293
  • Birds on Porch Light.jpg
    Birds on Porch Light.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 319
   / Critters captured on camera #14  
Lots of "critters" around here lately. Here are just a few from the last month or so.

Ron

Attachments

• _MG_0071_1.jpg
    _MG_0071_1.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 271
  • _M6C1008.jpg
    _M6C1008.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 287
  • _M6C0949.jpg
    _M6C0949.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 270
  • _M6C1058.jpg
    _M6C1058.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 280
   / Critters captured on camera #15  
.... I finally looked up and saw a bird's nest installed on top of the porch light. I can't identify the birds but they sure can make a racket for tiny little things.

I'd bet 10-to-1 they're robins. Robins love to seek out lights as platforms for their nests, usually under cover and sometimes even a source of heat! Don't get in the way of the mother and father bringing food for the babies, they'll try to run you off! :) I had to start using my front door one year after they built over the motion sensor lights (a nice wide platform) by my back door.

/ Critters captured on camera #16  
I'd bet 10-to-1 they're robins. Robins love to seek out lights as platforms for their nests, usually under cover and sometimes even a source of heat! Don't get in the way of the mother and father bringing food for the babies, they'll try to run you off! :) I had to start using my front door one year after they built over the motion sensor lights (a nice wide platform) by my back door.

They probably were attracted to the porch as a nice place to stay dry and away from predators but the light was almost certainly off while they were building the nest. Also, about being attracted to heat, that's not an issue in Alabama in June. Finding a shady place away from the heat is more like it.

I hope that when I get back this Saturday the babies will have grown enough to leave the nest. The light is next to the front door -- I can't avoid using it.

/ Critters captured on camera #18  
Taken about 15 minutes ago. Sorry about the venetian blinds. She would have spooked had I tried to open them.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 270
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 332
   / Critters captured on camera #20  
The bucket and wooden board ramp in the background is one of those home made mouse water traps that I set out the night before and something tipped it over and licked off all of the peanut butter bait-possibly a raccoon so I set out the game camera the next night. This little buck saw it and I got thirty photos of him but he didn't lick the trap so I'll try again another night.

Attachments

• IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    360.5 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    260.1 KB · Views: 320