CRPTO Pro's/Cons?

/ CRPTO Pro's/Cons? #2  
Re: CRPTO Pro\'s/Cons?

I think you are referring to what most of call a live or independent pto. This means that the PTO is not dependent on the forward motion of the tractor. My tractor manual states that it has a constant running PTO, however it has a 2 stage clutch, push halfway down and the transmission is disengaged, all the way down and the PTO stops as well. Independent PTO's work similarially except that the PTO has it's own clutch/on/off mechanism that is not linked to the foot clutch. I cannot think of any down sides to these types of PTO's vs the older types of transmission driven PTO's where the PTO is shut off every time you push in the clutch to stop or change gears.
Of course I could be mistaken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ CRPTO Pro's/Cons? #3  
Re: CRPTO Pro\'s/Cons?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I cannot think of any down sides to these types of PTO's vs the older types of transmission driven PTO's where the PTO is shut off every time you push in the clutch to stop or change gears.
Of course I could be mistaken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
)</font>

Neither can I. It is much easier to do most tasks when the implement keeps running even when you stop. Most larger ag & utility tractors use 2 seperate clutches which is much easier to use than the 2 stage clutch. I have one of each & I much prefer the dual clutch unit.

Andy