"Cruise Control"

/ "Cruise Control" #11  
Re: \"Cruise Control\"

You have been given some good advice on checking the brake cruise control disengage switch. It's under the left side operator's platform. If you look up at the brake pedals, you'll probably see it. On your TC40, with cruise ON, either brake pedal can be pressed without disengaging cruise. If both pedals are pressed, the cruise disengages. The switch might be out of adjustment or the pedal mechanism might be malfunctioning. The pedals have a grease zerk or two under there too.

You can test the cruise without the engine running. Just turn the key to ON and hold one pedal down while pressing the cruise button. The electro-magnet should engage with a click and hold the pedal where you put it. This will allow you to check and adjust the brake switch as needed.

/ "Cruise Control" #12  

You have been given some good advice on checking the brake cruise control disengage switch. It's under the left side operator's platform. If you look up at the brake pedals, you'll probably see it. On your TC40, with cruise ON, either brake pedal can be pressed without disengaging cruise. If both pedals are pressed, the cruise disengages. The switch might be out of adjustment or the pedal mechanism might be malfunctioning. The pedals have a grease zerk or two under there too.

You can test the cruise without the engine running. Just turn the key to ON and hold one pedal down while pressing the cruise button. The electro-magnet should engage with a click and hold the pedal where you put it. This will allow you to check and adjust the brake switch as needed.

/ "Cruise Control"

Thanks everyone, I'll troubleshoot this weekend! KT

/ "Cruise Control"

Thanks everyone, I'll troubleshoot this weekend! KT

/ "Cruise Control" #15  

gk, I had this same problem and they're a lot of threads around. My problem started out like yours then eventually got worse. I checked all the threads and could not find the problem...finally I had to bring it in to the shop...turned out to be an intermitant open in the wire (that was just not visible )to the electro magnate right where it goes into the housing.

/ "Cruise Control" #16  

gk, I had this same problem and they're a lot of threads around. My problem started out like yours then eventually got worse. I checked all the threads and could not find the problem...finally I had to bring it in to the shop...turned out to be an intermitant open in the wire (that was just not visible )to the electro magnate right where it goes into the housing.