Crusher run under pole barn

/ Crusher run under pole barn #1  

aarolar

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX4800
Looking for advice for putting crusher run under my 30x60 pole barn I use for equipment storage. Right now I only have about 4" clearance on my ROPS right now so I need to remove dirt first. For this particular application can I simply remove 6" of soil then add back 4" of crusher run?

/ Crusher run under pole barn #2  
You can do that. Nothing like a concrete slab, but I know the costs.

Anyway, I suggest using 3/4" minus gravel (crushed) and then a plate compactor over the
whole surface. It is amazing what proper compaction will do.

/ Crusher run under pole barn #3  
I would dig out under the door and pour a concrete footer the length of the door about a foot wide. Then it acts like a edging for the rock. Plus after years of going back and forth over it, it won't build up with dirt and risk hitting your ROPS.

/ Crusher run under pole barn
No door on this just a wide open pole barn.

/ Crusher run under pole barn #5  
Another vote for the 3/4 minus. It makes a pretty good floor if you don't have the money for concrete. It is what I have in my "Kioti den"

/ Crusher run under pole barn #6  
Crush and run is about the same as gravel but hardens somewhat and packs better than plain gravel.
I get it at 42$ per ton locally. Good stuff.

/ Crusher run under pole barn
Crush and run is about the same as gravel but hardens somewhat and packs better than plain gravel.
Where at in GA Joe?

/ Crusher run under pole barn #8  
Farm is south central and home is coastal GA.

/ Crusher run under pole barn #9  

It is quite a bit cheaper here, $110 for 7 tons. It was $120 when gas was higher.

/ Crusher run under pole barn #10  
You shouldn't have any problems using it, I'm using inch minus in my cold storage part of mine.