Crushing concrete

/ Crushing concrete #21  
I also have a small rotary jack hammer.

What do you mean by a small rotary jack hammer? Is it an SDS drill or a SDS Max? I have both and the SDS Max is 1 9/16's and it goes through concrete pretty quickly and easily. The smaller SDS isn't very good at breaking up concrete, but better for chipping and shaping a hole, or just drilling small holes half an inch or less. Mine is a Hitachi and it pretty impressive. For what you are wanting to do, it's what I'd use.

Eddie

/ Crushing concrete
Its a Hitachi spline shank rotary hammer rated for 1 1/2 holes I have drilled 4 1/5 holes with it with a carbide tipped hole saw .
I had a Bosch just like it before , It had a design flaw in that it slipped out of rotary by itself, wore out a gear doing that. The Hitachi has a lock on the same feature.

/ Crushing concrete
Just ordered the steel . not too bad about $1.00 a pound. $130 I always get a little extra for next time.
3/4 x 10 x17 for the base plate
1 x 9 x 24 for the crusher plate
3/4 x 4 for crusher plate ribs got 1 have 2 so little extra
3/4 x 3 for base rib actually is the breaker bar got 1 have 1 so little extra

Every thing else I have . The hardest part of this fab is beveling the edges of the plates for welding. If it is less than 7 inches I can get it vertically in my saw. Longer than that I mill it in a bridgeport. At least I have a power feed on the table. Looks to me like 10-12 feet of milling . This is going to be a couple of months.

/ Crushing concrete
I hesitate to post because I have be told I am wasting my time. I guess it's my time and I like to build things SO In metal it looks like the wood model. Getting really heavy , I have to add a few more lifting points for the chain hoist. I think I have take it out and put it in a couple more times plus the crusher jaws are not welded in yet. Please be gentle with comments about my crappy welding. I did not want to alter the bucket too much ( 4 1/2" holes ) so the worst thing about this is the hinge pin has to be in before sliding the assembly into the bucket. Heavy.
I was a little concerned about the FEL lifting the whole thing but it is fine. I can't finish the cylinder anchor till it the whole thing is bolted into the bucket. Got to take 4 days off and go to IN. Grandchildren. Next week should see it in the bucket. IMG_0911.JPGIMG_0912.JPG

/ Crushing concrete #25  
I am interested and subscribed, please continue and keep us posted :thumbsup:

/ Crushing concrete #26  
Interesting project. I've very curious how this will turn out. Looks good so far.

/ Crushing concrete
Its almost finished. Hoses and fittings due tomorrow. Might be able to attempt crushing by tomorrow night. But no movies till next week.
First grandson graduating from HS Have to go watch. Stick is for camera mount. Bite is so small don't want to be opening and closing the jaw on nothing. Back up cam turned around. Fel picks up the whole thing fine but it is heavy.
IMG_0913.JPGIMG_0919.jpg

/ Crushing concrete #28  
:thumbsup: Keep the pictures coming.

/ Crushing concrete
Its been a while. Had to go away for vacation , storm damage , maintenance. ok started crushing with 3.5 cylinder not big enough. Had to think and look for a bigger one. Got a 5 x 12 for not a bad price $300. Took a while to modify the mounts. Runs slow , of course , but crushed anything in the jaw, for a little while anyway till it sheared off the one section of mount that was welded. my crappy welds of course. That part is one corner of a triangle so I will stick a 3/4 bolt through it 2x and see how that works. next post pictures

/ Crushing concrete #30  
You are going to blow the floor out of your bucket.