Ct-122 oil and filter change - what oil weight

/ Ct-122 oil and filter change - what oil weight
Thanks

/ Ct-122 oil and filter change - what oil weight #12  
I agree with the 15w40 Rotella. You can even get it at Walmart. If your tractor is still under warranty I would put a Bobcat oil filter on it. Why ask for trouble with your dealer covering a break down while you're still under warranty? Why give them any excuse to not cover repairs? After the warranty is out I'd go with a filter from your parts store after you get the number crossed over. jrp

/ Ct-122 oil and filter change - what oil weight #13  
There are lots of good diesel oils available, Shell Rotella, Cheveron Delo 400, Mobil Delvac 1300, Valvoline, and NAPA brand (a Valvoline product).

My personal oil of choice is Delvac 1300, mainly because I've used it for more than 30 years in everything from my Cab Cadet to my motorcycles, to the tractor trailers I owned during my working years, to the Kubota B8200 that I had for 24 years, before selling. Never had any kind of oil related problem with any engine.

I wouldn't bad mouth any of the brands above, all good oils. In your climate, you definitely want a 15w/40 conventional....or the 5w/40 synthetic offered by some of these refiners....I really don't see any advantage to the synthetic, because a properly maintained diesel, running a conventional oil in a non-commercial operation, will still be going, when you are long gone. (Arctic Circle cold...Sahara Desert heat...ok, synthetic wins)