3-Point Hitch CT2040 + the Woodland Mills WC68 6” Chipper

/ CT2040 + the Woodland Mills WC68 6” Chipper #1  

GoldenAcres

Tractor
Bobcat CT2040
Finally got the chipper built and hooked up. Also added a chainsaw holder on the side. The CT2040 is the perfect match for the WC68 so far. It’s working as expected (if not better). IMG_2880.JPG

/ CT2040 + the Woodland Mills WC68 6” Chipper #2  
Nice!!!

/ CT2040 + the Woodland Mills WC68 6” Chipper #3  
Re: CT2040 + the Woodland Mills WC68 6 Chipper

I've been thinking about getting that one. How long did it take to receive after you ordered?

/ CT2040 + the Woodland Mills WC68 6” Chipper

I've been thinking about getting that one. How long did it take to receive after you ordered?

Took three months for mine. Not sure about the wait time now. Their customer service was awesome.

/ CT2040 + the Woodland Mills WC68 6” Chipper #5  

Took three months for mine. Not sure about the wait time now. Their customer service was awesome.

I bought of one their 6" chippers and have been really happy with it. It was a great improvement over the Bearcat chipper that I had previously. We've been using it to FireSmart our property to help reduce the wildfire risk. I find it a lot easier to chip the tree branches than dragging the debris to a burn pile for future burning in the winter.

/ CT2040 + the Woodland Mills WC68 6” Chipper

I bought of one their 6" chippers and have been really happy with it. It was a great improvement over the Bearcat chipper that I had previously. We've been using it to FireSmart our property to help reduce the wildfire risk. I find it a lot easier to chip the tree branches than dragging the debris to a burn pile for future burning in the winter.

I hear that! Between the wind / rain, burning has become a pain. Chipping is where it’s at. We’ve been doing similar work, and this thing is really nice.

/ CT2040 + the Woodland Mills WC68 6” Chipper #7  
What’s the clearance under the chipper when it’s raised all the way up?
I’m thinking of getting that same unit but I’ve got a lot of rocks and stumps on my land. Will it clear anything that the tractor will clear (11” +/-)?

/ CT2040 + the Woodland Mills WC68 6” Chipper #8  
Bob - the whole idea is to AVOID big rocks and stumps. :) Looks to me like the chipper has about the same clearance as his tractor.

/ CT2040 + the Woodland Mills WC68 6” Chipper #9  
That is a pretty slick setup. What are the pros/cons of that type of chipper versus a standalone or tow behind?

/ CT2040 + the Woodland Mills WC68 6” Chipper #10  
I think everybody went home - Torvy. But I can help even though I don't have a Woodland Mills. Mine is a Wallenstein.

I've had both stand alone and now the Wallenstein. My chipper - Wallenstein BX62S. It's a PTO driven - gravity feed model.

Advantages of the PTO driven chipper -

PRO
- you have the hp of your tractor driving the chipper
- you don't have to maintain another motor
- the chipper, being on your tractor, can be easier to get into many places than a standalone or tow behind
- they are cheaper, cost wise, than a comparable standalone or tow behind
- they are worlds cheaper - the gravity feed models - than the hydraulic feed units

CON
- many like to have the tractor/chipper separate. So they can use the tractor for other tasks
- some want a chipper - larger than their tractor can drive

Things I considered when I bought my Wally
- I bought from the Kubota dealer and knew any needed support was close at hand
- I got the gravity feed model. I chip ONLY young pines. There is no need for hydraulic in feed. The pines I chip - 1" to 6" on the butt. I chip 900
to 1200 every spring. Thinning my pine stands
- reputation of the brand
- I've had a tow behind. It was a REAL PITA to tow around on my property

Let me know if you have further questions.