CT225 brake adjustment

/ CT225 brake adjustment #1  

VashonFarmer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225
I just did my first big service on my CT225 (400 hour, I got it at 360) and all went well except the brake adjustment. I have both the owners manual and the full service manual. The first talks about adjusting "pedal free travel" and the service book describes "pedal clearance". Neither book mentions both. I'm not sure how the two relate to each other, but I can't seem to do both together. One adjustment screws up the other. The picture for the clearance adjustment is also a bit confusing. It shows the right pedal sitting lower than the left but the guy has a thumb on that pedal. Is he pulling it down or just measuring the difference at rest?

When I finished the first go the pedals were too stiff to allow the parking brake to engage so I backed it off a bit but still noticed the left wheel dragging a bit in the snow. Tried again and still don't seem to have it quite right. Anyone out there more familiar with the process than I seem to be?

Thanks

/ CT225 brake adjustment #2  
You are looking for 1.38 to 1.77 inches free play on your pedals. Once you get one pedal free play adjusted then adjust the other pedal so the point of contact is the same. That way when you lock the pedals together you will have equal braking on both sides. Make sense?

/ CT225 brake adjustment
Thanks winston1. So I値l focus more on matching the contact point after getting in the range than just the range itself. I値l try again today.

/ CT225 brake adjustment #4  
That is my opinion, you want both brakes making the same contact when locked together.

/ CT225 brake adjustment
It seems I may have been barking up the wrong tree. The left wheel hangs because it is not returning after I push the pedal: I have to pull it back up with my toe. It逞エ not the pedal linkage itself which moves well when disconnected. So I guess I蛟、l start a search for that issue next.

Edit: saw there is a related post that you just tried to answer! I think my problem is similar as it is not the spring behind the dash. That works fine when isolated. I値l follow up in the other thread.

Last edited: