CT235 blowing fuse 7 operational control unit

/ CT235 blowing fuse 7 operational control unit #1  

countryladytn

Tractor
BX2230
Hi, bushhogging about dark last night & all sudden tractor died of course out in far end field. Fuel & not overheated. Called it day. No noise when turn key to run or try start. Horn works, glow plug comes on, battery charge good. Was hoping not fuel injector as when died it was like ran out fuel. This morning Checking fuses found the 5 amp fuse 7 for operational control unit/switched power relay was blown. Put in new fuse & it started but promptly blew the fuse again. Guess need to trace the wires around find where issue is. Any pointers as don't have workshop manual or is here a wiring diagram online somewhere? First check was wires going to the round unit that is attached four bolts with wires going through it (not sure what called--proper name appreciated) on top left side (sitting on tractor) that has a plug harness which mice worked on in past but I can find no damage to wires themselves right now & insulation on wires seems intact. Is there a usual location for problems as it seems this could be major time consumer tracking around with this issue? Hoping easy find as don't have time to be tracing every wire on this thing especially since in bundle sheathing. Seems looking for short damaged wire vs a connector issue--is that correct assumption? Give me mechanical issue any day over electrical gremlins!

Any input appreciated even a work around to get it back up where easier work on! Thanks

/ CT235 blowing fuse 7 operational control unit #2  

Attachments

• 2019-04-25-060759.jpg
    2019-04-25-060759.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 406
  • 2019-04-25-060759_2.jpg
    2019-04-25-060759_2.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 2019-04-25-060759_3.jpg
    2019-04-25-060759_3.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 263
  • 2019-04-25-060759_4.jpg
    2019-04-25-060759_4.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 191
   / CT235 blowing fuse 7 operational control unit
Thank you! Got neighbor to steer the tractor while I towed it up to house where easier/more convenient to work on. Will check on that seat wiring in am if not raining. It is very likely the cause as I tend to have lots of stuff get stored around the seat. Will post back if find that to be the resolution. Keeping fingers crossed its that simple!

I've had the no start before & it was the sensor under the hydro peddle. Seem to collect lots debris down there eventually not allowing circuit work properly. Learned to always check that first for no start. But this time was entirely different.

Tractor has been good to me with only one minor issue which wasn't expensive at all due to information on this forum. The local dealer/mechanic for Kioti wanted to put a new hydro pump in but it was only an inexpensive part needing replaced which I diagnosed & did myself. My experience so far 4.5 yrs (bought with only 75 hrs on it) & 1000 hrs hard work since, I highly like this tractor. This forum has helped me tremendously over the years with its wealth of information & experiences of others. Even if situations not the same information gets stored in the recesses of the mind & hopefully come in handy when needed (or at least know where to look for the help).

/ CT235 blowing fuse 7 operational control unit #4  
Off subject, but your comment about Kioti wanting to put a new hydro pump in but you changed an inexpensive part. Please elaborate a little on that.

/ CT235 blowing fuse 7 operational control unit #5  
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a corroded battery terminal. When it wouldn't start, the battery terminals were the first thing I checked. They appeared fine so I spent too much time checking other things. Fortunately I read about it on the forums before I got too carried away and double checked. It disintegrated into dust after taking it apart. Replaced the terminal and all was good. Probably not your problem but an easy thing to check.

/ CT235 blowing fuse 7 operational control unit
Update. Yip, wire connector going through grommet to the light on the back from harness under seat. The grommet had slipped & allowed wire to chafe against the metal. Taped wire up good & wrapped that whole end with so much tape hardly fit through the grommet. Looking at that set wires looks like I had to tape up a problem in the past. Didn't blow a fuse then or think would have remembered. Probably was trying find places when it was no start but ended up being the under hydropedal sensor. So guess memory failed me.

So if your fuse blows check the wiring of that harness under the seat.

Thanks again!

As for the hydro pump issue... Not sure name (my brain too full other issues at the moment). But its the adapter that goes into the hydraulic port to connect the hydraulic hose fitting. My loader had failed wouldn't push down (I had gotten stuck in mud & unfortunately thats the time it failed requiring my neighbor to come pull me out with his old big ford tractor.) The other functions worked so I started swapping connectors & lines around to see if issue pump port or something else. It was connector issue as another connector worked fine in that port & problem followed the part in question. The mechanics had "tested" the connector it & said it was fine & at least $1500 pump/labor. However, someone I believe on this forum had similar issue & said to change out the part even if it was suppose to be good. So I ordered the parts directly from the supplier (italian part) put it on & all well. I bought 2 to have a spare, with shipping & cost of two it was around $40. The dealer was pretty sure I was crazy thinking solve my problem so easily but let me borrow a whole bunch of different connectors & adapters to test to see if solved the problem. The sizing of port on the pump (at least mine) is not standard & not easy to find the part. Dealer has since sourced a supplier for the odd sized part. Hope that helps at least a little.