Buying Advice CT235 bobtach pallet frame and forks

/ CT235 bobtach pallet frame and forks #1  

Slowtorque

Tractor
Cub Cadet 1782
Got a price of just over a grand on this set from local dealer. He also said he thinks the same setup that is used on the skidsteers is used on the CUTs. I assume this is the case. Weight is around 600 pounds for frame and forks. Anybody have a set of these? Seems like a lot of weight which is going to reduce the load I can carry with this setup. Just looking to use these to move logs around on the property, hopefully 3-400 pounds at a time. Thanks

/ CT235 bobtach pallet frame and forks #2  
Got a price of just over a grand on this set from local dealer. He also said he thinks the same setup that is used on the skidsteers is used on the CUTs. I assume this is the case. Weight is around 600 pounds for frame and forks. Anybody have a set of these? Seems like a lot of weight which is going to reduce the load I can carry with this setup. Just looking to use these to move logs around on the property, hopefully 3-400 pounds at a time. Thanks

You should check the forks at Everything Attachments. Good quality, good price and not too heavy.

/ CT235 bobtach pallet frame and forks #3  
I picked up a Bobcat 42" pallet fork assmbly last week for my ct335.

The frame is 200# and the tines weigh 164#. Total weight 364 lbs.

They are a little pricey, but they do fit-up nice and look right on the tractor.

/ CT235 bobtach pallet frame and forks #4  
Google is your friend. Here is what I found in my search:

Attachments

• ctforks.jpg
    ctforks.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 436
   / CT235 bobtach pallet frame and forks #5  
I found a set of 48 inch bob tach forks on craigs list for $450. Work great .

/ CT235 bobtach pallet frame and forks
Milkman, you got a picture of the set-up mounted. Would love to see it if you do.

As for Everything Attachments, don't those forks mount on the bucket or do they mount to the bobtach after removing the bucket?

/ CT235 bobtach pallet frame and forks #7  
It is ridiculous for a dealer to suggest a 600lb set of forks for a tractor with less than 1200lbs lift at pivot pins. Really, the dealer is either a complete idiot or trying to treat a customer as one. Given a lot of the weight of forks and load is forward of the pins your total lift capacity would likely be limited to a few hundred pounds.

He is trying to sell you forks designed for big skidsteers that lift more than two tons. The appropriate forks for your size CUT should be able to lift a ton at most and would probably weigh in the 250-300 lb range.

If your primary task is moving logs you really want a grapple not forks.

/ CT235 bobtach pallet frame and forks #8  
I would think Bradco or CA makes a nice light duty forks.

The 600 lb forks are for a Skid Steer not a small tractor.

I can not imagine why someone would try to sell you on that.

New or used forks are about 700.00 bucks.

Good Luck !

Roy

/ CT235 bobtach pallet frame and forks #9  
Another place is Ebay, I bought a set off there and they work fine. Of course I'm a cheap bast### that doesn't care what it looks like as long as it works.

/ CT235 bobtach pallet frame and forks #10  
I just bought a 42" skid steer style set of forks complete with the front guard from "Quick Attach". There 42" long forks and weight in at 400# but are rated to 4,500#.

My tractor has a lifting weight of 2,700# (breakout 3,500#) so i wanted the heavier capacity.

They were $795.00

Attachments

• forks on tractor.jpg
    forks on tractor.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 445