Cub Cadet 1812

/ Cub Cadet 1812
Wow looks like new Carl . I need to get a few more rattle cans , but here is today's progress

Attachments

• cub cadet 1.jpg
    cub cadet 1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 351
  • cub cadet.jpg
    cub cadet.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 403
   / Cub Cadet 1812
By the way Carl when you get a chance could you take a photo of the engine with the hood up . I have an engine shroud I can't find a place for I believe it goes up front . Also would like to see how the side panels attach by the headlights I have them bolted by the steering wheel but only wired by the headlights .

thanks

/ Cub Cadet 1812 #13  
Lookin Good Tooth, nice progress,

Here are two shots taken tonight of the right side engine cowling (under the white side panels) then the other one is the top of the engine and shrouding.

I didnt have the best light but I think you get the idea. Essentially the engine is surrounded by cooling shrouding including the exhaust / muffler which pushes all the air from the rear fan to the front of the unit. This is INSIDE the white side panels which are more for show.

Black metal shrouds are on both sides L&R - shrouding is attached by 3/8" head auto type fasteners thru clips on the shroud - these are a PIA to R&R.

On the top side to hold the front of the white panels in place is a spring (mine broke so i added a wire to one end) and it connects to the top holes on the white side panels.

Hope this helps.

Carl

Attachments

• Right SIde Engine Cowl 1811.JPG
    Right SIde Engine Cowl 1811.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 223
  • Top Side Engine 1811.JPG
    Top Side Engine 1811.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 222
   / Cub Cadet 1812
Perfect thanks Carl .

/ Cub Cadet 1812
Stopped at the Case dealer yesterday picked up up 2 gallons of Hy-tran and a hydro filter , made a huge difference with the sound of the tranny and the way the hydraulics sound . Cut the old filter apart it was black and had a coating of slime .

Bought some new decals and a few more rattle cans . Thanks for the help .

Attachments

• cub3.jpg
    cub3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 394
  • cub 2.jpg
    cub 2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 452
   / Cub Cadet 1812 #16  
Looking good - glad the hytran and filter worked out - you will not have to deal with that for a few years anyway.

Also do you plan to tow/pull anything - If you do I would go for the HD hitch plate.

How does the mower look now - did you get the bearings loosened up or is that a R&RR job?

They arent cheap as you probably found out - they are on ebay tho from time to time.

Also, check the tension spring/pulley on the mower drive belt (under the shroud) mine seemed to slip and found out the spring had broken under the bolt so it appeared to be OK and $10 later was back in business.

/ Cub Cadet 1812
thanks for the help Carl . I think the mower deck is a lost cause the bearings are frozen and the mounting bracket is missing some parts , the blade is also a loss with out the mounting bracket .

Right now i plan on using is to pull my aerator , lawn sweeper , and for moving the chicken coup . Later on down the line I may invest the money to restore the deck , but right now I have a simplicty and a kubota to tackle grass mowing .

Thanks for you help . And you were right is was a pain to get all that hydro fluid back in . I tried to be clever and leave the filter cracked open to aleave the burping but the fluid just pouted right out :ashamed: so much for being clever .