Cub Cadet 42' 19hp JUNK

/ Cub Cadet 42' 19hp JUNK #21  
Wow Mellisa!
Thanks for the info this truly suports my wants of the Orange and guess what lawmower my wife wanted to settle for in leu of spending the green to get the orange!

I'm sorry this happened to you and I pray all works out.

L

/ Cub Cadet 42' 19hp JUNK #22  
Hello We had the same prob with my Mom's mower and the dealer found out there is a recall on the engine block. They have a tendency to crack due to improper installation or casting. Perhaps yours is cracked internally and leaking under a shield or something. Check around the lower front of the block and see if there are visible cracks. Our dealer got a replacement short block and it was a total of around 130.00 to have it changed. Our unit was out of warranty, but they took care of most of the costs. Good Luck!

/ Cub Cadet 42' 19hp JUNK #23  
I also bought a CC rider from Home Depot in 2006. It started blowing blue smoke on start-up this year. I have always changed the oil, filter, and lubed it. Also stored indoors. Probably has 100 hours on it. I checked the oil level first, then checked the oil for gas... nothing. It doesn't leak at all, or burn much oil. I changed the oil again to be sure. I did not buy the extended warranty as my last mower (MTD) lasted 14 years and many, many hundreds of hours. I am inclined to believe there are worn valve guides. I will likely run it into the ground, and never buy another Kohler engine. :mad:

/ Cub Cadet 42' 19hp JUNK #24  
I have had a 2006 1024lt that has 260 Hard hours on it it only has 2 speeds WFO and off and the only problem I have had is around 250 hours the case half gasket started leaking but a couple of bucks later its good as new.
IMG_1757.jpg

Clean as a pin.
IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg