Cub Cadet, GT 1554 “Rat Rod”

/ Cub Cadet, GT 1554 “Rat Rod” #1  

thankyouTBN

Tractor
Kubota B2150, Cub Cadet GT3100
I got a crappy old GT 1550 for that. I’ve been patching together for years. Every time I use it, it breaks. The throttle lever fell off and I honestly couldn’t figure out quick and easy way to reattach it, so I went with the incredibly complicated way. I had to remove the “dashboard” to get out the throttle lever from behind. For some reason I need to takeoff yellow stamped sheet metal fenders. Once I got it apart like that I thought OK no I’m gonna do what I’ve been wanting to do is to move the seat back 6 inches and lower it to inches and put on a bigger steering wheel because it’ll look cool, and also because I’m hoping I’ll have more leverage to turn the steering wheel, hopefully with a steering wheel spinner when I’m backing a trailer into my garage.
So I’m making a whole lawnmower into a “rat rod”. It’s a disaster because it’s taking SO LONG. But I think it’s gonna be bad ass (funny).
The steering wheel wouldn’t fit in my drill press, so I had to use a handheld drill, I was hoping I could get away with using a spiral drill bit to drill out that hole, but there was a keyway in the hole in the steering wheel, and when I tried to drill at the drill was drifting towards that keyway. I had purchased a step drill, and I never used it once. I hoped I could get the step drill to concentric hole that I could then put a holesaw into. It worked. It’s a butcher job, but it doesn’t matter because I don’t need .10000 ths tolerances for steering wheel. I’m totally panicking because this is taking so long but also it’s pretty fun to overcome these challenges. I absolutely do not want to take it into a machine shop.

/ Cub Cadet, GT 1554 “Rat Rod”
I got a crappy old GT 1550 for that. I’ve been patching together for years. Every time I use it, it breaks. The throttle lever fell off and I honestly couldn’t figure out quick and easy way to reattach it, so I went with the incredibly complicated way. I had to remove the “dashboard” to get out the throttle lever from behind. For some reason I need to takeoff yellow stamped sheet metal fenders. Once I got it apart like that I thought OK no I’m gonna do what I’ve been wanting to do is to move the seat back 6 inches and lower it to inches and put on a bigger steering wheel because it’ll look cool, and also because I’m hoping I’ll have more leverage to turn the steering wheel, hopefully with a steering wheel spinner when I’m backing a trailer into my garage.
So I’m making a whole lawnmower into a “rat rod”. It’s a disaster because it’s taking SO LONG. But I think it’s gonna be bad ass (funny).
The steering wheel wouldn’t fit in my drill press, so I had to use a handheld drill, I was hoping I could get away with using a spiral drill bit to drill out that hole, but there was a keyway in the hole in the steering wheel, and when I tried to drill at the drill was drifting towards that keyway. I had purchased a step drill, and I never used it once. I hoped I could get the step drill to concentric hole that I could then put a holesaw into. It worked. It’s a butcher job, but it doesn’t matter because I don’t need .10000 ths tolerances for steering wheel. I’m totally panicking because this is taking so long but also it’s pretty fun to overcome these challenges. I absolutely do not want to take it into a machine shop.

****! how do I post a video?

/ Cub Cadet, GT 1554 “Rat Rod” #3  
You have to post it someplace like you-tube and then paste a link here >
Google is your friend >