Cub Cadet GT1554 problem

/ Cub Cadet GT1554 problem #1  

ToolcatWonka5610

Gold Member
Hey all. My uncle's got a 2008 Cub Cadet GT1554 (purchased from TSC) He got it in September and now has 15 hrs. The engine is not working right as the machine will run for an hour mowing then run rough for about 10 secs then stall. It will restart then quickly stall. It will stay running with the choke pulled out a bit. My uncle thinks its somehow not getting gas.
I've heard others are also having this problem. Same or similar tractor.

Any ideas what could be wrong? :confused:

/ Cub Cadet GT1554 problem #2  
Does it have some old gas in it that may have gummed up the carb? Possible fuel contamination? Mouse nest in air cleaner? Check the easy stuff first, hopefully it's an easy fix.

John

/ Cub Cadet GT1554 problem #3  
Also chk yer fuel tank filler caop for proper venting (run engine aghain with cap just ajar) . Some insects love that little air vent to lay their eggs in...

/ Cub Cadet GT1554 problem #5  
Since you say it will run with choke partly on its likely a fuel problem. Here's what I do to troubleshoot problems like this. Use a separate clean container as a fuel tank and see if it will run. Connect it directly to the carb fuel line inlet. I use a old gas tank from a push mower but it can be anything from a glass jar to a plastic soda bottle. Have everything you need to ready to go and run it until it acts up and then connect the different fuel supply. If it will run this way the problem is somewhere in the fuel line, filter or tank. If it doesn't run the problem is in the carb.