Cub Cadet Pro Z - Any Experience?

/ Cub Cadet Pro Z - Any Experience? #31  
^^^^
You may be doing better than I with fuel consumption. It’s worth noting, I do mow steep hillsides, so that may also increase my fuel consumption a bit.
And, because of the hillsides, I fill both tanks and keep the fuel lines open on both, to make sure I don’t starve the engine of fuel when traversing steep terrain.

Mike
I agree with the increased fuel usage on steeper terrain theory. The wife took off for a weekend visit / shopping trip last weekend with our youngest daughter. She wasn't around the bend in the road before I was mowing with our new CC 560. Starting out with a full tank and mowing the same area, I found that I used slightly less fuel. She is still getting the hang of this new mower where I've been mowing forever it seems. I will adjust throttle slightly depending on grass conditions and probably anticipate turns a little better from years of experience. I want her to start learning on her own so I just let cut at full throttle and let her chase the mowing patterns as the area size decreases. She is having fun, doing a great job, gaining skill and confidence - if that equals a couple extra gallons of gas over a summer mowing season so be it. The older I get, the less I fret over the details I guess.

/ Cub Cadet Pro Z - Any Experience? #32  
My neighbor bought the CC at the same time I got my ZD326 11 years ago. We cut about the same acreage. At the time he razed me over how expensive K ZTRs are and a waste of money.

7 years ago he traded it in for a JD ZTR. He complained about constant breakdowns and repairs on his CC. I'm still using my ZD with no problems knocking on wood. My ZD seems cheap now in comparison.

I just picked up a set of filters at the dealership and saw a same age used ZD for sale. The asking price is what I paid for it 11 years ago.

/ Cub Cadet Pro Z - Any Experience? #33  
I'm a big fan of Kubota equipment.

/ Cub Cadet Pro Z - Any Experience? #34  
^^^^
Im not a brand specific guy but, me too.

Mike

/ Cub Cadet Pro Z - Any Experience? #35  
My neighbor bought the CC at the same time I got my ZD326 11 years ago. We cut about the same acreage. At the time he razed me over how expensive K ZTRs are and a waste of money.

7 years ago he traded it in for a JD ZTR. He complained about constant breakdowns and repairs on his CC. I'm still using my ZD with no problems knocking on wood. My ZD seems cheap now in comparison.

I just picked up a set of filters at the dealership and saw a same age used ZD for sale. The asking price is what I paid for it 11 years ago.
My brother has had a B7300 Kubota w/60" mid mower deck since he bought it new back in '96. It has proven out to be a good one - he just replaced the water pump last month. The mower deck is still on the original spindles and OE mower deck. He is thinking about a little larger unit with a loader - but he can't bring himself to get rid of it and he really doesn't need a loader on his steep property.

I hope that I fair better than your neighbor with our new Cub? As I have posted before, I wouldn't be caught dead with the box store Cubs - but - if I did my homework - the commercial series Cubs are on an entirely different level.