Cub Cadet vs Toro

/ Cub Cadet vs Toro #11  
hdd,

Are you looking for a tractor or ZTR? It looked like tractor until you threw out the Exmark/Yazoo line.
If ZTR, you may also want to check out Country Clipper. They've been making ZTR's for Snapper, Yazoo, Dixon and Brush Hog for years but just started marketing under their own name.
With things like joystick control and stand up deck, they're pretty nice. I bought a commercial one (Charger with 25hp, 52" deck...) for around $5500. Their residential versions are much cheaper.
I mow about 2 acres. My tractor took about 1.5 hours, ZTR does it in under 40 minutes.

/ Cub Cadet vs Toro #12  
Sometimes when a larger company purchases a smaller one the results are very good. My local Cub dealer feels that MTD is pumping cash into Cub which allows for more R&D ect...
If anything the quality should improve. Change is sometimes a good thing. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Cub Cadet vs Toro #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sometimes when a larger company purchases a smaller one the results are very good. My local Cub dealer feels that MTD is pumping cash into Cub which allows for more R&D ect...
*If anything the quality should improve. Change is sometimes a good thing. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif )</font>

I wouldn't buy anything built by MTD.
Mtd bought a lot of the well known brands .

*I haven't seen anything like this happen with the MTD buy outs.
Far as I can tell Instead of building up to the brand name standards they are building the brand names down to MTD standards.

/ Cub Cadet vs Toro #14  
One needs to be careful about comparing mowers based ONLY on brand name. Most all the mfg.s have their lower end, discount store quality, their better quality, and their commercial quality.

You need to compare things like spindle construction, frame construction, deck construction, engines and drive units used, grease fitting placement and don't overlook the dealer you will be working with.

Don't fall into the trap of comparing brand X discount store model to brand Y premium grade. Do your research.

BTW as mentioned MTD has poured lots of money into CC for the last 20 years and their products show it, there again, as long as you're looking at the correct models.

Have a great day,
Doc

/ Cub Cadet vs Toro #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( And the shaft drive models will climb steep hills while powering the mower deck while every brand of belt drive mowers that we tested won't climb while powering the mower deck. )</font>

Thats funny. I have had my Wheel horse garden tractor (belt drive) for over 20 years and I have never had the drive belt slip climbing a hill while running the mower.
Even if I leave the chains and weights on through the summer while mowing, it can lose traction and dig a hole in the yard but never slips the drive belt.