Cub Cadet XT3 GSX or Husqvarna TS354XD?

/ Cub Cadet XT3 GSX or Husqvarna TS354XD? #21  
Excellent presentation Rock Crawler. The GHT26vL52 I have does 'only' have the HydroGear differential, i.e. no locking differential. Even with the large tires, I was still getting stuck when mowing the pond dam banks. I solved that problem by switching to ATV All Terrain tires. Had the K66 with locking rear been available when I bought mine, I sure would have liked that. So far though, the ATV tires are doing fine.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your video. For sure, you're well versed on the in's and out's of 'garden tractors', i.e. mowers.

/ Cub Cadet XT3 GSX or Husqvarna TS354XD? #22  
In the spirit of full disclosure, I dogged out Cub Cadet earlier. I will say that their commercial zt mowers are pretty well built.

/ Cub Cadet XT3 GSX or Husqvarna TS354XD?
Excellent presentation Rock Crawler. The GHT26vL52 I have does 'only' have the HydroGear differential, i.e. no locking differential. Even with the large tires, I was still getting stuck when mowing the pond dam banks. I solved that problem by switching to ATV All Terrain tires. Had the K66 with locking rear been available when I bought mine, I sure would have liked that. So far though, the ATV tires are doing fine.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your video. For sure, you're well versed on the in's and out's of 'garden tractors', i.e. mowers.
My other garden tractor has that Hydro Gear G730 without the differential lock, it's actually a really good transmission and had so far lived 670 hours on my steep slopes. I would not say bad things about that at all. I do change the spin on filter and fluid every 2 seasons. I'm sure that helps it over folks who ignore it. I'll still continue to run the old one (my wife drives that one) and I'll run this one... Unless she takes a shine towards the orange.

/ Cub Cadet XT3 GSX or Husqvarna TS354XD? #24  
My other garden tractor has that Hydro Gear G730 without the differential lock, it's actually a really good transmission and had so far lived 670 hours on my steep slopes. I would not say bad things about that at all. I do change the spin on filter and fluid every 2 seasons. I'm sure that helps it over folks who ignore it. I'll still continue to run the old one (my wife drives that one) and I'll run this one... Unless she takes a shine towards the orange.

Rock Crawler now that you have experienced over a year of ownership with the TS354XD is it still holding up well for you? I watched your video and appreciated your thoroughness. I am closing on a house next week with 2.5 acres with some sloped areas but not as side hill as your property and had narrowed my choices to the TS354D with the Kohler engine or the TS354XD with the Kawasaki for $200 more. The XD also appears to be 200 lbs heavier if the websites are to be believed.

Rock Crawler now that you have experienced over a year of ownership with the TS354XD is it still holding up well for you? I watched your video and appreciated your thoroughness. I am closing on a house next week with 2.5 acres with some sloped areas but not as side hill as your property and had narrowed my choices to the TS354D with the Kohler engine or the TS354XD with the Kawasaki for $200 more. The XD also appears to be 200 lbs heavier if the websites are to be believed.
I've put 75 hours on it so far. I did have a warranty issue with the rear hub splines stripping, I had to haul it to the dealer who swapped both cast iron hubs for the new part number cast steel that is the response to the failing iron versions.

Aside from that, it starts great, mows amazingly well, discharges like a zero turn. I'm very happy so far and much happier with this than the the Cub Cadet XT3 GSX that I had the year before.

/ Cub Cadet XT3 GSX or Husqvarna TS354XD? #26  
Rock crawler I have the older style cub 2500 series and I have to say all though the same transmission. The older ones have much more power. I test drove one and the gsx and gs just don’t have the same tranny power like the old 2500 and 3000 series cub cadet garden tractors. It’s really a shame that my 2007 cub cadet gt 2544 (which is amazing by the way has never broke down and the transmission is way better than the new xt3s) can pull this thing a mile and won’t whine I’ve gone up 45 degree slopes on my 2544 and it just keeps crusing along and the hydro gear g730 in my neighbors cub can’t handle what my gt 2544 can.

I have a G730 in my 2011 black craftsman, it's a beast compared to that XT3 GSX in steep slopes.

I bought the XT3 GSX and sold it at the end of season 1. It was weak. The tilt steering got loose. The fabricated deck didn't mow so nice.

After Dumont that I went and got the top end Husqvarna with the K66 transmission and love it. The fabricated Husqvarna Clear Cut deck is magical. The ergonomics are perfect for me at 5' 8". The Kawasaki engine is smooth and actually fairly low sound level. I love the Husqvarna.

/ Cub Cadet XT3 GSX or Husqvarna TS354XD? #28  
The

/ Cub Cadet XT3 GSX or Husqvarna TS354XD? #29  
Opps sorry this was a mistake

/ Cub Cadet XT3 GSX or Husqvarna TS354XD? #30  
The old cub cadet gt 2500 series had much better transmissions. Just clearly more power I think there was a problem with the early cub xt3s